Sign In   Register

Topic

Other Site 14 years 6 months ago #2646

Guess it's my age... I am totally confused now

I was not a great contributor to 'The OS' and in fact I only found it when I couldn't fold my hood down and googled something up popped .org which I found great for technical stuff.

Having said that i got totally lost when searching for a particular topic and found threads referring to other MGs

At the moment, if I may say so, and this is not intended as a criticism at all, there is not much technical stuff on here yet, but I have every confidence it will gain momentum and topics will get covered. It's early days and I will eventually give up looking at the other place, and just check in here.

More power to your Elbow Kara, thanks for creating this forum, and someday soon, I hope to meet some of you personally
Older but certainly not wiser!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Other Site 14 years 6 months ago #2648

Guess it's my age... I am totally confused now

I was not a great contributor to 'The OS' and in fact I only found it when I couldn't fold my hood down and googled something up popped .org which I found great for technical stuff.

Having said that i got totally lost when searching for a particular topic and found threads referring to other MGs

At the moment, if I may say so, and this is not intended as a criticism at all, there is not much technical stuff on here yet, but I have every confidence it will gain momentum and topics will get covered. It's early days and I will eventually give up looking at the other place, and just check in here.

More power to your Elbow Kara, thanks for creating this forum, and someday soon, I hope to meet some of you personally

I think that's a fair point mate. :) The guides whilst technical do not promote technical discussion and I would agree that we do need more of that. All I can do is lay the foundations by creating a technical section (The Pitstop) and hope that those who enjoy technical discussion meet me in the middle and create new threads, posts etc.

I hope that you get enjoyment out of the forum and I must say I am really happy you have chosen to become an active member of our community! :elephunk:

Other Site 14 years 6 months ago #2663

I think Clive has put all my feelings into words about forums in general. I actually like to see random OT banter in threads, most people self mod to a reasonable standard if left to it. It's the life of any forum, in jokes and banter between friends. Even if you don't get the jokes as a new member, over time you get to know peoples personalitys and begin to feel as if you know them and that makes you want to attend meets to say hello.
Overmoderation and people who want that power kills forums quicker than any squabble or ranting argument thread.
Thanks for reading,
Andy. Tipsy on expenses in a pub in Kent.
Does this even make sense? :)

Other Site 14 years 6 months ago #2671

All true Andy - and makes perfect sense..!!

The thread on t'other forum makes sad reading.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT