Topic

Other Site 14 years 6 months ago #2400

• eagle's Avatar Topic Author
  • eagle
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Just spotted this on the ( Keep it quiet) the other site

Has our Enthusiasm for our cars gone?

Just seems to be that this past few months the overall enthusiasm of the MGF / TF group has seriously weaned bar one or two members. Is this due to the credit crunch making us all dreamers rather than do-ers? after a decade and a half has the F / TF have we seen the car peak and is this the start of an irrecoverable dip?

Discuss... and bring back some enthusiasm!

Whats everyone got going on?! Is the F alive?

That was FIGO, anyone sent him an invite ?

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Other Site 14 years 6 months ago #2401

Check the members list, Eagle....he joined on 1/11/09.;)

Other Site 14 years 6 months ago #2403

• figo
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Going Topless
Indeed I am at the bar also ;) cheers for the concern though made me feel special aww :)

Was just a few thoughts in order to get a bitta discussion going on :)
MG TF 135 135 Bhp

Other Site 14 years 6 months ago #2412

Hmmm... time methinks to clear a few things unspoken rules up. :)

Eagle, don't worry none of this is aimed at you mate but it has made me realize that certain things need clarifying.

Now unlike some people I don't have a problem with people being a member of both forums because a) it's not anything to do with me and b) it's the internet so you should be free to be a member of any forums you like without persecution.

However, I have two rules. The first is that you can talk about "the other" forum e.g. talk about current threads etc. providing it doesn't turn into a slagging match. I don't ever want to read that our forum is better than the other or the other is better than ours. They are both completely different and they both have different goals. My goal is to make this forum a source of enjoyment and information and also by having a smaller member group I hope that we have a more community feel.
Second rule is that I don't ever want the name of the other forum mentioned on here or find a link to it on here - call it whatever name you like but there is no way that I am helping boost their google ratings. Quite simply, my number one responsibility is to ensure the success of this forum for all its members and I can't do that if we are constantly mentioning the other forum - we've got to make this place a success for ourselves. What we offer is choice! We are peanut butter & jelly! You can have both together but enjoy them separately as well! Except we're peanut butter because peanut butter is nicer than jelly... hmmm... must go and have some peanut butter on toast now... :outtahere:

I hope that clears things up but if it doesn't just start up a thread or PM me, we're not hiding anything here so if you're unsure just ask. :)

Other Site 14 years 6 months ago #2428

• eagle's Avatar Topic Author
  • eagle
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Don`t worry I like "Peanut Butter" just as you have it.
I was just drawing to your attention that "Peanut Jelly" seems to be past its sell by Date.

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

Other Site 14 years 6 months ago #2430

Don`t worry I like "Peanut Butter" just as you have it.
I was just drawing to your attention that "Peanut Jelly" seems to be past its sell by Date.

Thanks mate! :) All I can say is "Peanut Jelly" should start working for its customers rather than against them. :lol:

Other Site 14 years 6 months ago #2432

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

I hope that clears things up but if it doesn't just start up a thread or PM me, we're not hiding anything here so if you're unsure just ask. :)

Just one thing mate.

I hate peanut butter.

Can't we be jelly???? :dunno:

Also, just to clear things up, are we talking smooth or lumpy? I realise that these may seem daft questions to some, but I think it needs clearing up before the peanut butter/Jelly wars start. :whistle:

Other Site 14 years 6 months ago #2434

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. We are not peanut butter, not jelly.. We are

MARMITE!! Love it or hate it, you always go and try it one more time, just in case 'jester'
Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

Other Site 14 years 6 months ago #2436

Just one thing mate.

I hate peanut butter.

Can't we be jelly???? :dunno:

Also, just to clear things up, are we talking smooth or lumpy? I realise that these may seem daft questions to some, but I think it needs clearing up before the peanut butter/Jelly wars start. :whistle:

Well the trouble is jelly is very much a seasonal food - sometimes it's completely appropriate & other times you just wouldn't touch it whereas peanut butter is an all year round crowd pleaser therefore I must insist we are peanut butter! Crunchy, lumpy peanut butter... :drool5:

Other Site 14 years 6 months ago #2437

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. We are not peanut butter, not jelly.. We are

MARMITE!! Love it or hate it, you always go and try it one more time, just in case 'jester'

Ewwwwwww we are so not marmite! :puke:

Other Site 14 years 6 months ago #2438

i agree wholeheartedly with clive.......lumpy or smooth?

personally i hate peanut butter but love pate as long as its smooth...(and only eat jelly in the cubes before actually making it..childhood thing)

so basically.....the aim is for this forum is to be smooth...ween out the lumps!!..:whistle:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Is so skint he's off to become a sperm donor.....when i think of the money i've let slip through my fingers!!!:whistle:

Other Site 14 years 6 months ago #2439

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

i agree wholeheartedly with clive.......lumpy or smooth?

personally i hate peanut butter but love pate as long as its smooth...(and only eat jelly in the cubes before actually making it..childhood thing)

so basically.....the aim is for this forum is to be smooth...ween out the lumps!!..:whistle:

Hmmm. I think lumps have their place, but the complete disregard for the jelly lovers doesn't sit comfortably with me. I think it is fad food based discrimination.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT