Topic

Auto Downsize Photos 14 years 6 months ago #2386

• eagle's Avatar Topic Author
  • eagle
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
You might all find this free system tool useful, Its called Dropsize, at

http://semigeek.wordpress.com/dropresize

Basically it monitors one of your files and every time you load a photo to it, it automatically resizes the picture to your settings. I now have a file called
" Forum Photos " ( very original ) set to 500 pix square. Saves having to edit in photobucket.

ps, What is the best size for Forum photos

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Auto Downsize Photos 14 years 6 months ago #2397

640 x 480 is a nice size for forum use and selectable on photobucket, also there is a way that pics can be re-sized to the above format through a plug in, which works well and the picture can be clicked to view at its original size. Donn't know of anyone using the dropsize to do this tho..

Auto Downsize Photos 14 years 6 months ago #2417

This is a good find Eagle! :thumbsup:

I'll be adding an auto image resizer to the forum soon but I'm sure it takes much less bandwith for the site if the jobs already done before uploading and also it's useful on many other forums. I for one find it very frustrating everytime I have to login to photobucket just to resize a pick.

Rep sent your way for this useful advice. :) Oh & I'm with Paul 640x480 seems the best size.

Auto Downsize Photos 14 years 6 months ago #2419

I'll be adding an auto image resizer to the forum soon but I'm sure it takes much less bandwith for the site if the jobs already done before uploading and also it's useful on many other forums.

I'm not aware of image resizers adding anything to bandwidth but if they do its negligible, it just takes the page longer to load, which is infuriating, the bigger the original image the longer it takes too! :banghead:

Oh & I'm with Paul 640x480 seems the best size.

:whistle:

Auto Downsize Photos 14 years 6 months ago #2424

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
1024 x 768 gets my vote, but obviously increases storage etc.

640 x 480 is a bit old nowadays with the bandwidth that is available to most people and means you lose a lot of detail which is a problem when you are doing intricate photos for how to's etc.

Auto Downsize Photos 14 years 6 months ago #2649

I use image resizer which is a free download from Microsoft. There are some other useful programs there too!

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT