Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: uprated head gasket 13 years 2 weeks ago #22801

Rich,
The oil rail was very good price. In Ireland I think the garage charged about 200 euro for it incl fitting. They said it was'nt required with the Multilayer gasket and that it would add 200 to the overall cost of doing the HGF repair. I included it anyway as advised in the MG Enthusiast

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: uprated head gasket 13 years 2 weeks ago #22802

David,
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have the low level coolant warning which worked and let me know about the head gasket failure. Did you replace the bottom oil rail with the upgraded one? it appears there is more thread for the bolts to thread into giving more stability to the head and prevent future failure

I would personally opt for the bottom rail, considering the small additional cost and after the problems that Kevin had with black sludge, i think it is worth removing the sump. Quicksilver has made a very valid point about not using one for normal unmodified use, but it does help to stiffen the block. There again, David didnt have it done on his and no further problems. :whistle:

Re: uprated head gasket 13 years 2 weeks ago #22849

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
The modified oil rail is part of the upgrade kit and the manufacturers of the genuine MLS kit will only warrant it if the new oil rail was fitted at the same time. It does stiffen the block, but apparently it also changes the harmonics and vibrations of the engine and lessens the movement between the block and head faces which occur naturally.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT