Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Abingdon Alloys 13 years 3 months ago #20645

Does anyone know if 16" Abingdons fit over the AP callipers on a TF?

Life is its own answer, accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible, expect no more." - Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Abingdon Alloys 13 years 3 months ago #20646

These?

Don't fit. You need 1.5mm spacers.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Abingdon Alloys 13 years 3 months ago #20650

They look more like these

Life is its own answer, accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible, expect no more." - Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles ...

Re: Abingdon Alloys 13 years 3 months ago #20651

I may be wrong but as far as I know you need spacers to fit all the 16" options over AP racing calipers.

Whats wrong with getting some nice 17" wheels instead, or are you particularly after this style?

Last edit: Post by Laz1957.

Re: Abingdon Alloys 13 years 3 months ago #20653

Got 17" on at the moment but insurance regards them as a mod.

I use the TF every day and the latest renewal is stupid, £550 quid excess and none of the others are much better. That's with 9 yrs NCB too.

So thought putting things back to 16"s might make things a little more realistic.

Re: Abingdon Alloys 13 years 3 months ago #20657

OMG - I changed mine and never told them :ohmy:

I thought that putting better wheels, with brand new matched tyres, wouldn't be considered a risk.

Bet they won't like the improved AP Racing brakes either then, when I get them on :(

And they are going to go crazy when I tell them about the 52mm throttle body and Pipercross Viper :lol:

Can't wait until I get a sports exhaust :evil:

Re: Abingdon Alloys 13 years 3 months ago #20662

The 11 spoke 16s definitely fit over the Aps.

I think the Abingdons will need spacers, though.
David
:shrug:

Re: Abingdon Alloys 13 years 3 months ago #20713

I use the TF every day and the latest renewal is stupid, £550 quid excess and none of the others are much better. That's with 9 yrs NCB too.

So thought putting things back to 16"s might make things a little more realistic.

Try Lancaster insurance for a quote they will give you a better price :whistle:
www.lancaster-ins.co.uk/mg

Re: Abingdon Alloys 13 years 3 months ago #20714

OMG - I changed mine and never told them :ohmy:

I thought that putting better wheels, with brand new matched tyres, wouldn't be considered a risk.

Bet they won't like the improved AP Racing brakes either then, when I get them on :(

And they are going to go crazy when I tell them about the 52mm throttle body and Pipercross Viper :lol:

Can't wait until I get a sports exhaust :evil:

Be warned, insurance company's can wriggle out of a claim if the find you have altered something and not told them, some were even charging an additional premium for winter tyres!!! I was refused insurance on my MGB by one company because it has a K&N air filter (they didnt spot the 45DCOE Webber) :shrug:

Re: Abingdon Alloys 13 years 3 months ago #20720

Try Lancaster insurance for a quote they will give you a better price :whistle:
www.lancaster-ins.co.uk/mg

Thanks Bryan - already did - they were £200 more than the one I already had. I think i tried them all - seeing Gio and meerkats in my sleep. :lol:

Re: Abingdon Alloys 13 years 3 months ago #20726

16" wheels if there non standard are a mod

15" wheels if there non standard are a mod :)

just be careful, just because you think it's not something that makes the car 'better' its still a mod, if you put a non standard arial on its a mod and if insurance companies wish to they can and will refuse to pay out for it not being declared

so if your putting 16s back on bare in mind if there not the alloys the car came with then there a mod... so are the calipers and bigger disks

argue that there a safety feature and they may not put the premium up like
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Re: Abingdon Alloys 13 years 3 months ago #20729

I assumed that better wheels tyres and brakes were a safety feature, but I'll get onto them about this pronto.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT