Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: Winter tyres on. 13 years 5 months ago #19395

Thats a hell of a lot of snow, :woohoo: i like the way the snow melts off the MG badge, hot aint they? Auto Express did a round up of Winter Tyres about a month ago, i will have a look and see what the best value was.:whistle:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Winter tyres on. 13 years 4 months ago #19590

typically as soon as i get the mud and snow tyres on....... the snows all gone!!!, well off the roads anyway lol

any way the ones i got fitted were Michelin Alpin, part worn ( hardly worn at all really!!) fully fitted for £40 the pair,
just had a nice topless 120 mile run up the M6 and across the A69 and found them to be no problem at all at motorway speeds or around the bends,
certainly felt a lot safer and grippier then the GSD2's did on the way down so i reckon they will be staying on till the weather picks up a bit more

Re: Winter tyres on. 13 years 4 months ago #19593

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.

typically as soon as i get the mud and snow tyres on....... the snows all gone!!!, well off the roads anyway lol

any way the ones i got fitted were Michelin Alpin, part worn ( hardly worn at all really!!) fully fitted for £40 the pair,
just had a nice topless 120 mile run up the M6 and across the A69 and found them to be no problem at all at motorway speeds or around the bends,
certainly felt a lot safer and grippier then the GSD2's did on the way down so i reckon they will be staying on till the weather picks up a bit more

You got a real bargain there, Phil! You can come over here and try driving on snow, if you like?:lol:
The rubber compound on snow tyres stays more supple at lower temperatures, so give better grip in cold/winter driving. Ours stay on until end of March.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT