Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: Its official its WINTER!!! 13 years 5 months ago #19225

whos mad enough to go out tonight with there top down, im talking about the mrs either :ohmy:
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Its official its WINTER!!! 13 years 5 months ago #19227

Not tonight, but forecast for tomorrow morning is -2 and bright sunshine so that's me with the roof down on the way to the train station.
Back with front wheel drive and 181HP at the wheels :)

Re: Its official its WINTER!!! 13 years 5 months ago #19229

Yes it's Winter. I have just heard that well-known plaintive cry of - 'The car won't start!
Investigations are under way.:lol:
David
:shrug:

Re: Its official its WINTER!!! 13 years 5 months ago #19234

The battery was pretty flat. Not sure why.:shrug: I've charged it up again and checked for current drain - nothing. It could be the battery's on its way out, and the cold weather's done for it. We'll see tomorrow morning.
David

Re: Its official its WINTER!!! 13 years 5 months ago #19243

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
It has been snowing a little here. :)

Anne was surprised to see 6 - 7" this morning. She said it had been a long time since she had seen that much. ;)

Poor Deepblue has a new look

But Merle was loving the snow as usual. :)

Still, it gets him out of the house and away from the telly

Re: Its official its WINTER!!! 13 years 5 months ago #19245

Still none here :(

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re: Its official its WINTER!!! 13 years 5 months ago #19252

Great photos, and I bet Anne was impressed. :yesnod:
David

Re: Its official its WINTER!!! 13 years 4 months ago #19548

The battery was pretty flat. Not sure why.:shrug: I've charged it up again and checked for current drain - nothing. It could be the battery's on its way out, and the cold weather's done for it. We'll see tomorrow morning.

Well the battery's died again, so it's off to Halfords for a replacement.

It seemed the battery could just about last overnight except when we had the mega cold nights.
(I had previously checked that there was no current drain so new battery required.)

It was over 4 years old so probably to be expected.:shrug:
David

Re: Its official its WINTER!!! 13 years 4 months ago #19551

I personally dont like Halfords batteries, had lots of problems with them in the past and they are not as cheap as the genuine replacement and their warrinties are rubbish too. The original battery on my Honda lasted 8 years and the Honda replacement was about £15 cheaper than Halfrauds and came with a three year unconditional guarentee. sorry, but that is my opinion You get what you pay for with batteries and i would always go with recognised names Chloride, Exide, Varta, AC Delco etc :sick:

Re: Its official its WINTER!!! 13 years 4 months ago #19552

We had a good 8 to 10inchs between Tuesday and Thursday but it's all just about gone again.

I was fitting the switch and relay for the hardtop HRW yesterday but when I went to start her the battery died, normally she is okay left for a month and starts first turn of the key, I did a battery refresh the last time it went flat 6 weeks ago (which took 24 hrs) so I guess the battery has had it, flat in about 15 seconds of trying :(

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re: Its official its WINTER!!! 13 years 4 months ago #19555

I personally dont like Halfords batteries, had lots of problems with them in the past and they are not as cheap as the genuine replacement and their warrinties are rubbish too. The original battery on my Honda lasted 8 years and the Honda replacement was about £15 cheaper than Halfrauds and came with a three year unconditional guarentee. sorry, but that is my opinion You get what you pay for with batteries and i would always go with recognised names Chloride, Exide, Varta, AC Delco etc :sick:

I agree, but Halfords is the only one open near us on Sunday, so :shrug:
David

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT