Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Wet behind drivers seat 14 years 6 months ago #1727

Fiddling round as you do I have noticed tiny is very wet behind the drivers seat. I haven't noticed any leaks per se any ideas where it could be coming from?

I have noticed my hood sits a bit high around the tbar areaso could be from there if so any ideas how to fix ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wet behind drivers seat 14 years 6 months ago #1732

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Whereabouts behind the seat? Down the firewall or under the floor carpet? Mine is soaking under the floor carpet, but it is coming in through the windows and finding it's way around.

Ironically, I need a dry day to sort it out.

Wet behind drivers seat 14 years 6 months ago #1775

Whereabouts behind the seat? Down the firewall or under the floor carpet? Mine is soaking under the floor carpet, but it is coming in through the windows and finding it's way around.

Ironically, I need a dry day to sort it out.

It's behind the seat didn't get a chance to lift the carpet and check under it but i bet it is soaking under there as well.:dunno:

Wet behind drivers seat 14 years 6 months ago #1781

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
You might find it is the window seal on the drivers window. Best way to check is to put a hose onto the car and see if you can see any water running down the inside of the window.

Wet behind drivers seat 14 years 6 months ago #1940

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I used to get this problem. I found the problem was here;

I solved it by sliding the rubber on the roof slide back down slighly - it had risen up a little [I'm really trying to aviod the double entendres here] and then also padding out the rubber on the car side by putting some foam inside the stip to push it out a little.

Wet behind drivers seat 14 years 6 months ago #1974

I used to get this problem. I found the problem was here;

I solved it by sliding the rubber on the roof slide back down slighly - it had risen up a little [I'm really trying to aviod the double entendres here] and then also padding out the rubber on the car side by putting some foam inside the stip to push it out a little.

:) i will take my mind out of the gutter for a minute then :lol: My roof definately sits a lot higher than that in that position so i will try and get it down a bit (ooh er:rolleyes2::rolleyes2:) (lasted about 20 seconds ) Oh god stop it man see what you have started here :rofl:

Cheers.

Don

Wet behind drivers seat 14 years 6 months ago #2580

• Visitor
  • Visitor
lol.

I should add I had the problem with the original oem hood of eight or so years old - in the pic its the newer BAS hood which doesn't leek.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT