• Page:

Topic

Replacement exhaust 13 years 7 months ago #15903

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Got some spare wonga from a bonus at work
Thinking of investing in a stainless exhaust for the TF
Want the best sounding yet street leagal one, anyone any suggestions?
Also can I just fit the backbox or is it best to fit new cat etc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replacement exhaust 13 years 7 months ago #15905

Well I had a Janspeed on my old F which I alternated between having a decat or when it came round to MOT time a bog standard cat, but either way it sounded great. The Janspeed is perfect if you want a car that sounds meaty but not obtrusive or boy racer however when you put your foot down it gives a nice roar!

Alternatively I'd recommend a Blue Flame ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLUE-FLAME-CAT-BACK-EXHAUST-MGTF115-120-135-160-/310227170149?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483afaf365 ) which sounds just plain sexy or Daytona ( http://www.mikesatur.com/acatalog/Exhaust_System.html ). A lot of owners also have the Miltek which although I found a bit too loud it is still a quality exhaust.

As for replacing your cat I personally wouldn't bother with a sports cat as although they are good they are often a hell of a lot more than a bog standard cat. Have you had a look at the condition of your exhaust & cat? Only they can be a nightmare to get off if it's the original so I'd start lubricating now! :naughty: :lol:

Replacement exhaust 13 years 7 months ago #15913

Have a search on youtube there are loads of clips showing the sounds of the various exhausts:thumbsup:
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Replacement exhaust 13 years 7 months ago #15916

Have a search on youtube there are loads of clips showing the sounds of the various exhausts:thumbsup:

better yet go to a meet

videos only capture a small percentage of the true 'feel' of what the 'zorsts sound like

worth hearing in the flesh
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Replacement exhaust 13 years 7 months ago #15941

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for the advice guys

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT