Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Future proofing the suspension/wheel arch areas 13 years 8 months ago #15555

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Mine is bad too, but I am going to build 2 galvanised subframes with new parts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Future proofing the suspension/wheel arch areas 13 years 8 months ago #15557

Mine is bad too, but I am going to build 2 galvanised subframes with new parts.

After considering it, this is probably the way I'm going to go too.

Since I'd also like to work on an entirely new engine, it makes sense to work on that and bolt it to a new galvanised subframe then do a straight swap for the old subframe and engine.

Future proofing the suspension/wheel arch areas 13 years 7 months ago #15566

After considering it, this is probably the way I'm going to go too.

Since I'd also like to work on an entirely new engine, it makes sense to work on that and bolt it to a new galvanised subframe then do a straight swap for the old subframe and engine.

why a new engine mike? yours is in perfect order isnt it?

or are you going for a 135 non VVC and a Chris Marsh head etc for 200bhp bragging rites? (and no VVC torque loss?)
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Future proofing the suspension/wheel arch areas 13 years 7 months ago #15569

why a new engine mike? yours is in perfect order isnt it?

I'd be interested in either cramming the KV6 in there or looking at a VTEC option for more bhp.

160 is alright, but I'd thoroughly enjoy wiping the smug grins off the faces of supercar owners. :)

Future proofing the suspension/wheel arch areas 13 years 7 months ago #15581

I'd be interested in either cramming the KV6 in there or looking at a VTEC option for more bhp.

160 is alright, but I'd thoroughly enjoy wiping the smug grins off the faces of supercar owners. :)

YES! i've corrupted you! muwahahahahah

there really is one option in them two and thats V-TEC, the only upside of the KV6 would be noise but a V-TEC on full chat is no pansy in the noise dept and starts off with more bhp than you'd get out of a KV6 after chucking serious money at it

naturally i'd be very happy to help with the conversion once quicksilver helps me with mine lol

just be ready for bills mate, a basic conversion (with no upgrade to breaks just drilled/grooved disks, good pads, and the susptenion your allready planning) will set you back upwards of 5k

worth every penny mind given that you'll have a very comfortable 230bhp for that sort of money
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT