Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

does anyone know where to source in-expensive paint? 14 years 1 day ago #12740

hey guys, mindy has very kindly offered me use of her spray booth to paint the interior of my car

not the dash and seats obviously but the inside of the shell lol... i noticed a few rusty areas last time i had the carpets out and that gentleman and women is just not how we play cricket

so im going to wire brush/sand and spray :D

so anyone know where to source good paint? i'm thinking a few layers of white primer should do the job nicely

i may spray the outside of the car as well while i'm at it... it cant look any worse than it does! lol

so anyone have any idea where to get some nice white paint for the exterior as well? :)

thanks guys
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

does anyone know where to source in-expensive paint? 14 years 1 day ago #12742

hey guys, mindy has very kindly offered me use of her spray booth to paint the interior of my car

not the dash and seats obviously but the inside of the shell lol... i noticed a few rusty areas last time i had the carpets out and that gentleman and women is just not how we play cricket

so im going to wire brush/sand and spray :D

so anyone know where to source good paint? i'm thinking a few layers of white primer should do the job nicely

i may spray the outside of the car as well while i'm at it... it cant look any worse than it does! lol

so anyone have any idea where to get some nice white paint for the exterior as well? :)

thanks guys

Well myself and a couple of other members have used these guys who come pretty highly recommended: http://www.autopaintsbrighton.co.uk/ ...not sure about prices though. :dunno:

does anyone know where to source in-expensive paint? 14 years 1 day ago #12744

thanks hun, herd these recommended as for prices he main issue is i dont know how much ill need lol
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!

does anyone know where to source in-expensive paint? 14 years 1 day ago #12767

I've seen those brighton guys recomended else where.

Don't just use primer, it is porus and will hold mosture!

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

does anyone know where to source in-expensive paint? 14 years 1 day ago #12789

I've seen those brighton guys recomended else where.

Don't just use primer, it is porus and will hold mosture!

ah

didn't know that lol

does anyone know where to source in-expensive paint? 14 years 1 day ago #12798

Another recommendation for autopaints in brighton - great service and colour match:)

If you are not to bothered on the exact shade of white, ebay might be the place, depends on what type of paint you are going to use as you will need the correct type of thinners. As a guide I would say 3 litres of paint if you are doing the whole car exterior.
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

does anyone know where to source in-expensive paint? 14 years 15 hours ago #12825

Another recommendation for autopaints in brighton - great service and colour match:)

If you are not to bothered on the exact shade of white, ebay might be the place, depends on what type of paint you are going to use as you will need the correct type of thinners. As a guide I would say 3 litres of paint if you are doing the whole car exterior.

i haven't decided on the cars exterior yet, its a big job... i may just paint the inside and see how it turns out... at the end of the day it will be covered by carpet so who's going to see if it's a horrible job? by the same token if it looks pretty good i may just give the outside a go... after all what's the worse that could happen :banghead: lol

thanks for the tip on the 3l, and ebay... mind you i have no idea what i'm doing with thinners so it may be safer to use the company in brighton, at least that way they can give me some guidance on mixing it up :)

does anyone know where to source in-expensive paint? 14 years 7 hours ago #12854

If its just inside the car then I would say half a litre would be fine as once mixed with thinners this will make up to around a litre - more than enough for the inside, you will have to mask of the entire car as the spray gets everywhere. As its only the inside - what about brush painting some metal paint on.
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

does anyone know where to source in-expensive paint? 13 years 11 months ago #12884

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I would just hand paint if it is the interior and just save spray painting for areas that are going to be visible. You can pile the paint on and use thicker paint, such as hammerite, in areas that will be covered by carpet/dash etc. Less prep, less mess and would probably last longer.

does anyone know where to source in-expensive paint? 13 years 11 months ago #12963

I would just hand paint if it is the interior and just save spray painting for areas that are going to be visible. You can pile the paint on and use thicker paint, such as hammerite, in areas that will be covered by carpet/dash etc. Less prep, less mess and would probably last longer.

this is more or less the conclusion i came to

originally i had it stuck in my head that the rust was worse than it is... now the carpet is out and i've had another look it isn't bad at all :)

still tempted to try spraying the cars outside myself mind lol

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT