Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Mazdas, Mazdas everywhere but not a second to think! 14 years 3 weeks ago #12332

Just had a crazy day today flying around getting stuff done to the TF and naturally enjoying the weather... on my travels i saw so many MX5s with the roof down (although one had a hardtop!) that i stopped counting (I'm guessing 20+)

however in 150 miles of driving all day long i didn't see 1 F/TF... makes you feel special, anyone else noticed the lack of F/TFs out and about? or is it just teesside?
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mazdas, Mazdas everywhere but not a second to think! 14 years 3 weeks ago #12335

Whenever I see them they always have the roof up. I know what you mean though, theres always loads of them about.

I felt sorry for one on the way back from brooklands; got surrounded by me, moonmanmike, a ZT and an RV8 on a slip road.

Mazdas, Mazdas everywhere but not a second to think! 14 years 3 weeks ago #12340

I got overtaken by an MX5 last week on the way to work with the roof down at 7am ( as was mine).. was a particulary MX5 though, I parted ex'd it to buy my car!
2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

Mazdas, Mazdas everywhere but not a second to think! 14 years 1 week ago #12512

I got overtaken by an MX5 last week on the way to work with the roof down at 7am ( as was mine).. was a particulary MX5 though, I parted ex'd it to buy my car!

ah then at least the owner did the world a service :D
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Mazdas, Mazdas everywhere but not a second to think! 13 years 11 months ago #13659

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I tend to see about a million TFs/Fs and a few MX5s, I guess it's because I'm on the look out for TFs where as I'm generally not on the look out for ugly mx5s :D
and probably because I miss my TF at the moment, a 1.2 Corsa just isn't the same really :(

Mazdas, Mazdas everywhere but not a second to think! 13 years 11 months ago #13669

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

a 1.2 Corsa just isn't the same really :(

Have you tried an angle grinder? :)

Mazdas, Mazdas everywhere but not a second to think! 13 years 11 months ago #13677

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Have you tried an angle grinder? :)

I meant at handling/accelerating like a go-kart rather than a boat :P but the stupid metal bit over my head doesnt help :(

Mazdas, Mazdas everywhere but not a second to think! 13 years 10 months ago #13726

• Visitor
  • Visitor

however in 150 miles of driving all day long i didn't see 1 F/TF... makes you feel special, anyone else noticed the lack of F/TFs out and about? or is it just teesside?

Had a trip to north London yesterday (250 miles there and back) and saw many open top cars but not one F/TF. :shake:

Perhaps they were all at MG Live! :confused:

Mazdas, Mazdas everywhere but not a second to think! 13 years 10 months ago #13727

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Had a trip to north London yesterday

I hope you aren't too mentally scarred from this experience. :)

Mazdas, Mazdas everywhere but not a second to think! 13 years 10 months ago #13731

• Visitor
  • Visitor

I hope you aren't too mentally scarred from this experience. :)

You Northerners..........don't know what you are missing! :bauer:

Mazdas, Mazdas everywhere but not a second to think! 13 years 10 months ago #13732

On our scotish road trip I only remember seeing one TF, he came past and we exchanged waves, an hour later we pulled into a cafe and he was parked there, didn't work out who he was until he left, followed by the MX5 with hard top that was parked between us.

We also saw a MX5 on the way back on the M6, they pulled into the service station forecourt as we were leaving, a 60 year old woman driver and equally old male passanger, a little later they came past at 85!

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Mazdas, Mazdas everywhere but not a second to think! 13 years 10 months ago #13733

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Oh but I do.

Have lived all over the country and London has to be one of my least favourite places to visit.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT