Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Ramps 14 years 3 weeks ago #12137

Hi All,
After seeing many pictures of F/TFs lifted on 4 ramps and after having a bad experience using ramps many years ago I wondered if someone could explain the safest way of doing this.My assumption would be to use a set of ramps as normal for the front,but for the rear,is the rear elevated using the central jacking point on the rear subframe then placing the second pair of ramps under the rear wheels?Any info appreciated as I would like to get underneath with a view to renewing coolant pipes.
Regards Neil

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ramps 14 years 3 weeks ago #12141

hey neil

The main problem with ramps is that they are often not long/shallow enough for a F/TF (which is a very low car)

Last week i used my ramps on Robs car to change his coolant pipes but i jacked up the front and placed ramps under, then jacked up the rear and slot in axle stands, you know it's safe that way :) you don't want to risk ripping a bumper off! lol

personally i'd say use axle stands, easy and safe and it's allot easier to more around without banging your legs/arms/general body parts off the ramps lol
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT