The Border Patrol. 14 years 4 weeks ago #12232

• cjj's Avatar Topic Author
  • cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Pictures you say David.

Well, here are our pics.

We all met at Hexham at 10am, but some of us turned up at 11am. Didn't they Iain?

We stopped on the no stopping area on the dam for a quick photee.

As it was later than planned, we decided to take over a small village called Falstone

And had a bit to eat at The Black **** Inn (Nobody had the cider). They were a bit surprised to see 16 people turn up, but they did their best and even found a Bonio for Molly (Iains dog).

The innevitable photo shoot at the border

and then it was off up to Hawick through some of the best roads ever.

We stopped at Hawick to powder our noses and surrounded some locals cars.

And there was a nice statue of Hawicks famous pastime of....err....bull wrestling??

And then it was the A68 back to Hexham. For those who have never driven it, it is a fast road with twisties, views and crests that make it a brilliant drive.

And then stop at Hexham.

Some of us stayed on for a few drinks and met up with Jayne and Phil, after he finished work. He came dressed as Border Patrol official

Thanks to everyone for attending and making it a great day.

If any of you suvernors want to come up and sample real roads and scenery, just let us know.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Border Patrol. 14 years 4 weeks ago #12234

Meet at 10:00AM.

Well, this piccy was probably taken at 10:30-40AM.

Please note, only one yellow car in the picture! That is Tracey's.

Guess whose yellow Trophy160 is missing?:dunno:

Hello!... IAIN!:whistle:
David
:shrug:

Hartside Run 13 years 11 months ago #12955

Well the Border Patrol had a fantastic get-together and spirited run up and down Hartside. Congrats to phil on the organisation, even arranged blue skies!

Here's a group photo taken at Melmerby before the return run up to the Hartside Cafe.

Apologies for the dearth of photos but my co-driver isn't good with cameras!
Here he is peeping shyly out of the car window.

David

The Border Patrol. 13 years 11 months ago #12960

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Well the Border Patrol had a fantastic get-together and spirited run up and down Hartside. Congrats to phil on the organisation, even arranged blue skies!

Here's a group photo taken at Melmerby before the return run up to the Hartside Cafe.

Apologies for the dearth of photos but my co-driver isn't good with cameras!
Here he is peeping shyly out of the car window.

Ha you could have a husky in and top down as the bloody escape artists would just jump out

The Border Patrol. 13 years 11 months ago #12962

Ha you could have a husky in and top down as the bloody escape artists would just jump out

He was firmly attached to the passenger seat!:whistle:
David

The Border Patrol. 13 years 11 months ago #12965

heck of a run guys, thanks to phil for the organization

we lost mindy at some point on the run back to middleton thanks to a mobile chicane (horse box) not sure where she went to because she was flying up to then!

my first time up to the heartside, what a pice of road... would be evan better if the government (when we have one) get off their bums and fill in the creators

best bits of the day...

looking like a total fool going in and out of middleton 5 times looking for everyone (the ford crew must have thought i was a right t*t)

conveniently flooring it away from the tractor just as a great set of twistys arrived, allowed me to press the loud peddle for a minuet or two... all in the name of catching up to the pack you understand :D

following Quicksilvers 'silver lady' up and down the pass... that exhaust put one heck of a grin on my face as it lit up from no where when chris pressed the loud peddle, then gurgled and popped its way back to a gentle hum as we dived into the twistys - utter perfection
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

The Border Patrol. 13 years 11 months ago #12970

heck of a run guys, thanks to phil for the organization

we lost mindy at some point on the run back to middleton thanks to a mobile chicane (horse box) not sure where she went to because she was flying up to then!

my first time up to the heartside, what a pice of road... would be evan better if the government (when we have one) get off their bums and fill in the creators

best bits of the day...

looking like a total fool going in and out of middleton 5 times looking for everyone (the ford crew must have thought i was a right t*t)

conveniently flooring it away from the tractor just as a great set of twistys arrived, allowed me to press the loud peddle for a minuet or two... all in the name of catching up to the pack you understand :D

following Quicksilvers 'silver lady' up and down the pass... that exhaust put one heck of a grin on my face as it lit up from no where when chris pressed the loud peddle, then gurgled and popped its way back to a gentle hum as we dived into the twistys - utter perfection

Pleased it made you happy- so glad to oblige

The Border Patrol. 13 years 11 months ago #12988

Pleased it made you happy- so glad to oblige

im sure quicksilver themselves are happy as well considering how your swelling their coffers! lol my bank manager may be less happy :nonod: but then again he'll never experience the manic grin i'll have as i press the loud pedal!
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT