Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

anyone changed their steering wheel badge? 14 years 6 months ago #1076

hey guys, once i find somewhere that will do a red/black MG badge in 70mm im ordering some... however i've seen these as well

http://www.yourbadges.com/catalog/images/Red%20MG%20badge.JPG

in 39mm, which is very close if not exactly what the MG badge in our steering wheel measures... thats the badge i want front and back and it'll set off my interior nicely, anyone fitted one to the steering wheel before? how hard is it? can i just prize my old badge off or is it going to be another high pressure day for me and bucephalus :D?
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

anyone changed their steering wheel badge? 14 years 6 months ago #1112

I'm not so sure about changing the steering wheel badge, maybe worthwhile looking at a decent decal/sticker maybe?

But I did spot these though - 69mm Red & Black Swarovski crystal badges!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RED-MG-BADGE-TF-ZR-ZS-ZT-ENGLAND-SWAROVSKI-CRYSTALS_W0QQitemZ170320302310QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item27a7e190e6

anyone changed their steering wheel badge? 14 years 6 months ago #1286

I'm not so sure about changing the steering wheel badge, maybe worthwhile looking at a decent decal/sticker maybe?

But I did spot these though - 69mm Red & Black Swarovski crystal badges!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RED-MG-BADGE-TF-ZR-ZS-ZT-ENGLAND-SWAROVSKI-CRYSTALS_W0QQitemZ170320302310QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item27a7e190e6

hmm im sure someone will of done it, if not someone has to be first!
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!

anyone changed their steering wheel badge? 14 years 6 months ago #2140

• Visitor
  • Visitor
If you tell me what you want I will run the design up for you; then a decal company can print it ( there are some that will do vinyl printing with a resin dome on top like a real car badge effect)

I do know a company or 2 that will do this (but dont know what Karas rules are on mentioning website names so wont say them) but if you give me about a week to design mine and have them printed, I might have some other companys I can recommend :)

Luke

anyone changed their steering wheel badge? 14 years 6 months ago #2147

adam, you've gotta be carefull with it being on the airbag

one option i know of is to grind the old badge off, NOT with your 9" angle grinder but very carefully with a dremel then stick your new one on

anyone changed their steering wheel badge? 14 years 6 months ago #2347

• Visitor
  • Visitor

If you tell me what you want I will run the design up for you; then a decal company can print it ( there are some that will do vinyl printing with a resin dome on top like a real car badge effect)

I do know a company or 2 that will do this (but dont know what Karas rules are on mentioning website names so wont say them) but if you give me about a week to design mine and have them printed, I might have some other companys I can recommend :)

Luke

Its fine to mention other website as long as its in a helpful way :) (as this would be) and not in a spam the board with a website address way :lol:

anyone changed their steering wheel badge? 14 years 6 months ago #2362

hmmm i think i'll leave it for now, as for the decal idea mate i know somewhere that sells em: http://www.something-magic.co.uk/ it's the red background with black MG on it i want... was hoping to get wheel center caps, front back 70mm badges and steering-wheel center

as for the airbag issues it looks like the badge is just glues on similar to the front/back badges, so hopefully could just be prized off... just to be safe however, if i unplug the battery will the airbag fire?

anyone changed their steering wheel badge? 14 years 6 months ago #2377

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Just use a heat gun or hairdryer (I bet you have one as well) on hot and heat the badge up a bit. Should soften the glue.

anyone changed their steering wheel badge? 14 years 6 months ago #2405

Just use a heat gun or hairdryer (I bet you have one as well) on hot and heat the badge up a bit. Should soften the glue.

what about straighteners? :-D

anyone changed their steering wheel badge? 14 years 6 months ago #2447

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
If you have some handy............:)

anyone changed their steering wheel badge? 14 years 6 months ago #2552

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Its fine to mention other website as long as its in a helpful way :) (as this would be) and not in a spam the board with a website address way :lol:

Does this mean no advertising to websites how I made money over night or how to add DVDs to your ipod? :confused: :p :lol:

hmmm i think i'll leave it for now, as for the decal idea mate i know somewhere that sells em: http://www.something-magic.co.uk/ it's the red background with black MG on it i want... was hoping to get wheel center caps, front back 70mm badges and steering-wheel center

as for the airbag issues it looks like the badge is just glues on similar to the front/back badges, so hopefully could just be prized off... just to be safe however, if i unplug the battery will the airbag fire?

I dont know what the steering wheel badge of an F / TF is like sorry mate but know on the ZR's it is a decal with resin overlay

Another idea could be what 1 of the rover 25 lads had done that I did a badge for.

The SH piece is a decal printed by a company called Heko which cost about £7 from memory, and went straight over the top of the original MG badge - it meant no messing about with removing the badge and still used the original badge chrome holder. :)

If you want me to give it a try, I can easily copythat red badge over the weekend

thanks,
Luke

anyone changed their steering wheel badge? 14 years 6 months ago #3175

Does this mean no advertising to websites how I made money over night or how to add DVDs to your ipod? :confused: :p :lol:

I dont know what the steering wheel badge of an F / TF is like sorry mate but know on the ZR's it is a decal with resin overlay

Another idea could be what 1 of the rover 25 lads had done that I did a badge for.

The SH piece is a decal printed by a company called Heko which cost about £7 from memory, and went straight over the top of the original MG badge - it meant no messing about with removing the badge and still used the original badge chrome holder. :)

If you want me to give it a try, I can easily copythat red badge over the weekend

thanks,
Luke

wouldn't this make the badge stick out more? or am i missing something lol

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT