Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Russell for servicing 14 years 2 months ago #10530

Hello,

Has anyone had their car serviced from Russell? Will he be as good with the rest of the car as he is with head gaskets do you think? :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Russell for servicing 14 years 2 months ago #10532

Hello,

Has anyone had their car serviced from Russell? Will he be as good with the rest of the car as he is with head gaskets do you think? :)

Yeah, he's done services for a number of people.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Russell for servicing 14 years 2 months ago #10542

Yep - had him do a service on mine and a mate's at my place.

Top bloke - thoroughly recommended.

Russell for servicing 14 years 2 months ago #10544

What a daft question! :p
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

Russell for servicing 14 years 2 months ago #10588

What a daft question! :p

I don't think so. He is renowned for fixing cars after HGF not for servicing. His website states nothing of servicing. His email is gasketrepairs@<serviceprovider>.

Anyway, I thought he might be cheaper than the garage I bought the car from, and I'm not expecting to have to use the warranty... hopefully! :)

First service is also a tricky extensive one I think....?

Russell for servicing 14 years 2 months ago #10590

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

I don't think so. He is renowned for fixing cars after HGF not for servicing. His website states nothing of servicing. His email is gasketrepairs@<serviceprovider>.

Anyway, I thought he might be cheaper than the garage I bought the car from, and I'm not expecting to have to use the warranty... hopefully! :)

yes he does servicing he did my last service.

price will depend on travelling distance, so for a simple A service it may work out cheaper to go to a local garage, however, when he did mine I mentioned that mot was due, so he checked most of mot items clearing surface rust from brake discs and such stuff.

he also wasnt too confident that the spark plugs had been changed at the last service so he threw a set in "gratis" checked thru the error codes and reset them.

I think he is good value for money, I kept him in custard creams and coffee while I picked his brain. :yesnod:

Russell for servicing 14 years 2 months ago #10593

Thanks for the advice David, Gos, PoloRover.

I'll have to remember the custard creams and coffee.

Distance - I should be about 10 miles away from him when it comes to service time - if he charges I'll just drive to him :)

Russell for servicing 14 years 2 months ago #10594

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

Thanks for the advice David, Gos, PoloRover.

I'll have to remember the custard creams and coffee.

Distance - I should be about 10 miles away from him when it comes to service time - if he charges I'll just drive to him :)

That sounds like a plan :yesnod:

Russell for servicing 14 years 2 months ago #10595

I would check that he can reset the service indicator on the display, if not you might have to find a friendly MG dealer that will do it for few££
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Russell for servicing 14 years 2 months ago #10621

It was meant as a tongue in cheek comment. If you can trust someone to carry out headwork then servicing is lower down the technical order in my book. Alot is down to trust these days, if someone has a reputation that is enough in my book. I don't trust garages and in most cases I have been proven right.
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

Top Customer Service 14 years 1 month ago #11426

Russell changed my cam belt and water pump today, 1st class workmanship, a very friendly and efficient worker. Most impressed. Will most certainly use his services again. :yesnod: Steve.

Russell for servicing 14 years 1 month ago #11443

He changed my cambelt on Monday (and corrected my self-mis-diagnosed HGF while he was at it!) :thumbsup:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT