Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Tired stereo 8 years 3 weeks ago #166281

Hi Mgers, have just returned from a few days driving up to Edinburgh, from Sheffield, what a drive! My 135 never missed a beat. Only issue was the CD/Radio. I have the original head unit with the stacker system in the boot! Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't!
Has anyone changed theirs for a better one? I don't want a system that has purple or blue and green flashing lights, just a decent sounding, good looking unit!
Thanks Peter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tired stereo 8 years 3 weeks ago #166284

Sadly they don't make headunits with autochanger inputs anymore, apparently we all use MP3 players.

But before you get that far it'll be worth checking the wiring for your current unit.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re:Tired stereo 8 years 3 weeks ago #166296

I have a modern jvc unit for the conveniance of using a mini usb stick and the safety of having a car kit. It nicely blue illuminated

Tired stereo 8 years 3 weeks ago #166297

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
I went to Halfords and checked out their offers a while back: got a nice Sony radio/CD unit with USB for iPod etc. Say wot u like about Halfords, they usually have some good electronic deals going on.
Works well, loud enough to beat the Mk 7 sucky-blowy exhaust any road. Which after several years is mellowing nicely I might say. Still tempted to cut it open and flow-equalise it...

Oops, gone off topic again. :spank:
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Re:Tired stereo 8 years 3 weeks ago #166311

I have a modern jvc unit for the conveniance of using a mini usb stick and the safety of having a car kit. It nicely blue illuminated

For me there is no convenience in having USB for MP3 players as I have about 10 minutes of MP3 but several hundred CDs.

I'd agree with John about Halfords, the DAB Kenwood in my ZS came from them via mail order and was 20% cheaper than elsewhere, not bad considering it was a new model.

Re:Tired stereo 8 years 3 weeks ago #166319

Thanks chaps for all the advise! I will check all wiring first, I like to keep it as original as poss!

Re:Tired stereo 8 years 3 weeks ago #166333

Are there no cd changers that connect to a usb connector? Sounds like a business opportunity to me.

Re:Tired stereo 8 years 3 weeks ago #166334

Took a quick look on the net but I only see adapters that work the other way round.....

Tired stereo 8 years 3 weeks ago #166337

Specially for Talkingcars:

http://www.becker-mexico-retro.de/

:broon:

Tired stereo 8 years 3 weeks ago #166342

Specially for Talkingcars:

http://www.becker-mexico-retro.de/en

A neat piece of equipment, do they do it with a modern front?

Tired stereo 8 years 3 weeks ago #166343

Had a similar issue, my years old kenwood unit packed up. Looked in Halford and the Web but most of them were too fussy or garish with big coloured buttons etc. Settled on a nice Sony bluetooth/mp3/ipod/cd unit that is nice and discreet and subtle. Did look at dab, the guy in Halford started telling me about aerials. I said it was an mgf and he tried to talk me into a roof aerial.... I bought the fm unit and left.
"If it all seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!" Mario Andretti
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy Lawrence, The driving dutchman, Tracey

Last edit: Post by steve51800.

Tired stereo 8 years 3 weeks ago #166344

Invalid or non-existent item ID.I have Sony DSX S100 fitted and it's been a great unit.

But I decided I wanted DAB and a CD player back so I bought one of these below last week. Still got to put it in so can't comment on the sound yet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MEX-N6001BD-receiver-dash-Full-DIN/dp/B00RXHCECA?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

If you can get hold of a Kenwood head unit from a few years back you can use the CD stacker in the boot and have a USB and MP3 disc player.I had a no fuss model Kenwood KDC W5541U in my ZT it worked with the changer. http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/rec/usb/KDC-W5541U/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracey

Last edit: Post by Bob.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.021 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT