Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Poll: Cool Wall - Gerry McGovern Evoque Convertible (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Sub Zero
2 12.5%
Cool
3 18.8%
Uncool
5 31.3%
Seriously Uncool
6 37.5%
Total number of voters: 16 ( Cobber, adamelphick, Rich in Vancouver, bacchus, rog1963 ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Topic

Re: Cool Wall - Gerry McGovern Evoke Convertible 12 years 1 month ago #45266

4x4's are usually owned to ship the kids to and fro. Why would you want the roof down for that?
You just expose the world to a brood of screaming kids in the back seat.

It don't half keep them quiet though. :lol:

Yes. Opinions are differing on this one Tsleight. It's good that we're not boring. :) I like that it's a new concept best of all. I also like that it's a convertible, a 4x4 and ahem, dare I say it, British-ish. :lol:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Cool Wall - Gerry McGovern Evoque Convertible 12 years 1 month ago #45273

If it's my D90 V8 with the roof down I would say YES!!!(and ask the Evoque owner to try and keep up with me off road!!)

Does your roof come off / down in the D90 then? The evoque, especially if it gets to the convertible stage, would never keep up with a 'true off roader' of course. :)

But I do admire that it has at least some of the ability if really needed. Probably only ever in the snow really. But it's there. I love that it has a soft top and I'm looking forward to see how that operates. What do you think? Manual or electronic?

My roof does come off and there are a few key comparisons for me;

In the NA market a D90 either holds its value or appreciates unlike an Evoque which will keep depreciating.

From the Series to Defender, LR did not copy its design elements from anyone else and they do not look like anything else.

If you use an Evoque for real off roading it will get damaged and repairing it will be very expensive unlike a Defender which is built for it!

Its so sad that LRNA do not sponsor any offroad events because they know that volume manufacturing is the only way to survive and the newer products are not up to the task the marque was built on.

I look at things from an enthusiasts point of view and the latest incarnations from most manufacturers just don't do it for me. Call me old fashioned but to me the newer products are just boring!

Re: Cool Wall - Gerry McGovern Evoque Convertible 12 years 1 month ago #45287

• PQD44's Avatar Topic Author
  • PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

...I look at things from an enthusiasts point of view and the latest incarnations from most manufacturers just don't do it for me. Call me old fashioned but to me the newer products are just boring!

You're old fashioned :bust: you asked for it.

The new Evoke .... boring, anything but I say. It has lead a massive increase in worldwide sales for Land Rover and at launch had a waiting list of over 6000. JLR simply cannot produce the Evoque fast enough to keep up with demand which has been up 30% globally over the past few months.

In common with 95% of all 4x4's sold, they never do any real off roading anyway. If you want a true off-roader Land Rover have plenty to choose from ;)

Last edit: Post by PQD44.

Re: Cool Wall - Gerry McGovern Evoque Convertible 12 years 1 month ago #45289

...I look at things from an enthusiasts point of view and the latest incarnations from most manufacturers just don't do it for me. Call me old fashioned but to me the newer products are just boring!

You're old fashioned :bust: you asked ;)

And proud of it!! :broon:

Of course,everyone is welcome to their own opinion and although LR are leasing quite a few in NA there are no waiting lists here. If fact, in the latest JD Power poll for customer satisfaction, LR are at the bottom of the heap so they have a long way to go. IMHO the Evoque is a fashion statement and the latest fad, and still boring to me! B)

Re: Cool Wall - Gerry McGovern Evoke Convertible 12 years 1 month ago #45290

Brilliant concept. Ever driven a landrover with the canvas roof off Luckymarine? Nothing like it. I really like the idea of a 4x4 taller convertible. Especially one with this pedigree.

The only sort of Land Rover I've driven with its roof off has been similar to this...

An yea there was nothing like it!

It ate track rod ends though.
Attachments:

Re: Cool Wall - Gerry McGovern Evoque Convertible 12 years 1 month ago #45295

I was going to press thankyou Luckymarine, but the button has gone!!!
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: Cool Wall - Gerry McGovern Evoque Convertible 12 years 1 month ago #45298

It's a cunning underhand admin trick to make everybody post more.
See, it works! :bust:
David
:shrug:

Re: Cool Wall - Gerry McGovern Evoque Convertible 12 years 1 month ago #45300

Thank you David! :bust:
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: Cool Wall - Gerry McGovern Evoque Convertible 12 years 1 month ago #45313

the Evoque is what I call a Cartoon Car. Exaggerated proportions with a hint of Dick Tracy.
Others in the same vein are the MINI Countryman, Lexus SUV, Chevrolet Camaro, and the Dodge Charger.
The Evoque really can't be considered an off-road vehicle. It's an SUV with all wheel drive so that lawyer's wives can still get to their yoga lessons when it is snowing.

This is an off-road vehicle B)
(Not as cool as Luckymarine's Landy, but I had to pay for this one myself!)

Last edit: Post by Rich in Vancouver.

Re: Cool Wall - Gerry McGovern Evoque Convertible 12 years 1 month ago #45334

the Evoque is what I call a Cartoon Car. Exaggerated proportions with a hint of Dick Tracy.
Others in the same vein are the MINI Countryman, Lexus SUV, Chevrolet Camaro, and the Dodge Charger.
The Evoque really can't be considered an off-road vehicle. It's an SUV with all wheel drive so that lawyer's wives can still get to their yoga lessons when it is snowing.

This is an off-road vehicle B)
(Not as cool as Luckymarine's Landy, but I had to pay for this one myself!)

Everything you said is true Rich. Especially the yoga lessons. :lol: Given a choice of picking the evoque or a landrover would definately depend on whether I was going to war or the ball for sure. :)

I really would like to see this as a convertible at some point though. :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT