Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Poll: Coolest Transport Ever (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Concorde
3 30%
Vespa Scooter
No votes 0%
Skiing
1 10%
Spitfire
3 30%
R101 Airship
No votes 0%
Saturn V
No votes 0%
Star Trek Transporter
2 20%
Other - Come on then tell us what it is....
1 10%
Total number of voters: 10 ( Cobber, Mr Forgetful, Sergi Bmw, leemcmini, Laz1957 ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Topic

Re: Coolest Transport Ever 12 years 1 month ago #41859

• Humphrey
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • It's better to wear out than to rust out
;) Great bike - puts me in mind of my first bike a 125 BSA Bantum- ridged back end - bright red -ex GPO postmans bike - 0-60 5mins!! (downhill with back wind).
:woohoo:
John
'I started off with nuthin and still got most of it left!'

You know, I spent a fortune on deodorant before I realised
that people didn't like me anyway!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Coolest Transport Ever 12 years 1 month ago #41861

First (only) motorbike. :yesnod:

Francis Barnett 200cc

David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Added Name

Re: Coolest Transport Ever 12 years 1 month ago #41863

This was the coolest bike I have owned, in fact it was so cool that although it survives it no longer speaks to me. I still miss it and its welcome back here anytime.

I'm not sure what the coolest bike ever is,its just such a crowded field, Original Triumph Bonneville? Buell ? KTM Duke ?Triumph speed Triple? Suzuki GSXR? BSA Gold Star? it just goes on...
Attachments:

Re: Coolest Transport Ever 12 years 1 month ago #41874

My claim to fame, was my first motorbike a LAMBRETTA TV175 (well it was a scooter) then advanced to a single cylinder 350cc Matchless, until i had an argument with an old lady in an Austin A30. Then thought there is more metal to protect you in a car and bought an Austin Seven Ruby for a fiver. :woohoo:

Re: Coolest Transport Ever 12 years 1 month ago #41886

• PQD44's Avatar Topic Author
  • PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
:-? Lots of people viewing and commenting, but very few votes? If you like other - vote other and tell us what you think is the coolest transport ever.

BTW - Trekkies, Blakies? and Starry Warriersies or whatever your called, please cease with the invasion of imaginary transport this is a thread about real ways of getting around.

I apologies for including the Star Trek transporter in the list - it was meant as a joke :unsure:

:omg: I've just remembered Rich in Vancouver hasn't been on yet ...... hold on T-Bar members I fear a further trek in to Science Fiction land is on the way :lol:

Re: Coolest Transport Ever 12 years 1 month ago #41887

Typical - now he's changing the rules. :-?
David
:shrug:

Re: Coolest Transport Ever 12 years 1 month ago #41890

BTW - Trekkies, Blakies? and Starry Warriersies or whatever your called, please cease with the invasion of imaginary transport this is a thread about real ways of getting around.

You tell 'em Paul.
And everyone knows that the Boys from the Dwarf rule anyway :broon: :lol: :lol:

Re: Coolest Transport Ever 12 years 1 month ago #41908

I thnk these are attractive, and a 1/4 share in one, or a Chinese copy thereoff is tempingly in real world numbers. There are other similar aircraft on the UK civil register

http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/YAKOVLEV-YAK-52/1983-YAKOVLEV-YAK-52/1229993.htm?

So you and the significant other pack light fill up with 100 gallons of 100 octane leaded Avgas file a flight plan and St Tropez here we come.
However going that far VFR is asking for trouble, let me rephrase that Trouble, so thats a PPL plus an instrument rating all kept current plus £100 per hour running costs payable to the syndicate. So whatever your MG costs to run, its a bargain. however a usable classic aircraft is pretty cool..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT