Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Off on our travels again. 1 year 10 months ago #199387

The house needs a lick of paint. I have time off for bad behaviour so I shall go and paint it, pausing only to spend four days at the Le Mans classic. Newhaven on Friday then...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by minimax.

Re:Off on our travels again. 1 year 10 months ago #199389

Enjoy! I’m sad to be missing out this year.. Although I have heard rumours they’re going to do it again next year instead of the usual two year wait, in which case I’ll take the F! There’s a group of us go usually with a selection of 2002’s, TVR’s and a scimitar.. so plenty of room for tools :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:Off on our travels again. 1 year 10 months ago #199391

Yes, the TVRs need our support.

Re:Off on our travels again. 1 year 10 months ago #199393

In which vehicle will you be taking the engine hoist?

Re:Off on our travels again. 1 year 10 months ago #199398

HA! Yes, there was a serious amount of overheating and general dicking around from the Trevor’s last time.. however the worst offender lost all lighting during the drive back.. that was excellent.. luckily I had quite a lot of wire and connectors and managed to Jerry rig a live to the lights.. but the switch was toast.. they might have a v8 in them but they really are a bit crap.. :lol:

Off on our travels again. 1 year 10 months ago #199399

A Dreamliner pilot of my acquaintance remarked that if he wanted something that leaked fuel and caught fire, made of plastic, he would have bought another TVR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oh MG

Re:Off on our travels again. 1 year 10 months ago #199400

A Dreamliner pilot of my acquaintance remarked that if he wanted something that leaked fuel and caught fire, made of plastic, he would have bought another TVR.

Sounds bang on!

Off on our travels again. 1 year 10 months ago #199412

From my aerie high on the West Pennine Moors & on a clear day I can see Blackpool, the once the home of TVR. I would often wonder whether the pall of smoke I could spy in that direction was the result of a gout of unburied fuel being coughed up in to the face of a startled mechanic, as the carburisation system cleared its throat, only to turn into sheet of flame as it hit a hot exhaust.
There is a distinct parlour to the smoke from glass reenforced plastic going through several chemical changes as the constituent molecules sort out their fresh domestic arrangements. It is accompanied by a character building smell & a tendency to make your eyes water.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oh MG

Off on our travels again. 1 year 9 months ago #199455

Something else. The owner heard me chortle when I saw it and invited me in to take a closer look. My kind of bonkers. A typical Le Mans aerodyne index car: 750cc Panhard ( et Levassor,) flat twin. Far smoother and more powerful than the Citroen motor. This one is by Pichon-Parat who did unmentionable things to innocent DSs and it is better looking than most of his horrors. What sets it apart from the others is the supercharger. Imagine this in the mid fifties practically taking flight at about 120 MPH on a dark and remarkably wet track.
Attachments:

Off on our travels again. 1 year 9 months ago #199456

To be fair, I must report at least a dozen of them all whizzing around in rude health. Took the Ford this time and returned from the afternoon to find myself parked next to an SM, a motor whose legendary complexity makes the Starship Enterprise look like a gas boiler. Where do I sign? Bring on me trouble they do 'cos I'm borderline crazy enough. Something a bit more traditional for you instead

Attachment not found

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT