Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

A dry day at last! 2 years 3 months ago #198171

Took the cover off this morning to allow the hood to dry out fully. It was a bit crispy! Went home at lunchtime and collected the MG. Hood down and back to work. "You don't want one of them; they all have head gasket problems." Yeah, right. Had a few (frustratingly fruitless) errands to run after work so whizzed around the town using the lower gears once it was warmed up and finally found the red line. People like the F. They give raised thumbs at the lights and they let you out of junctions. Found out that the lowest speed of the fan actually does work but I still need to carry gloves in the glovebox for this weather! Once warm, the engine is noticeably tappety on one valve but it has had a recent oil change so I will let it be for the time being as I doubt if it is serious. Looking forward to some further fun at the weekend.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A dry day at last! 2 years 3 months ago #198195

Wipers off, roof off, enjoy.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

A dry day at last! 2 years 3 months ago #198226

I did the same, a quick trip to Rutland water and a decent bakery on the way home. Downside the car was covered in sh--t when I got home, so a second clean in a week. I've found, topless the heater on one, and the control about an inch up from the bottom, gets me toasty in 10 minutes, almost too hot at times. With the top on, I had to have the windows open, again get too hot.

What I did not know was just how dirty sports cars get being so low. Got some E5 this week, and a big Audi pulled up beside me, the woman looked out of her window, and her head was above my roof. Seriously guys, given that farms and very rural drivers many need such big vehicles, but really, do town people think it's ok? I know each to their own?

I had the car detailed from new, and it really does help with cleaning in times like this. Just a quick wash with soft soap, and a extra large micro-towel, and its done, wheels take longer however?
Attachments:

A dry day at last! 2 years 3 months ago #198232

The object lessons in automotive obesity that are too big for their drivers and our streets are all on leasing deals. When the money runs out, they will die on backstreet forecourts.

A dry day at last! 2 years 3 months ago #198265

21/1. Another dry day. Refitted the hood on the car freshly scrubbed and proofed. Fitted the new HRW harness and then the final and most important test.
Collected Woman Belong Me from work with the hood down. "You're crackers." The MGF heater won her round and by the time we got back from coffee and cake, the car had passed. Next week the ding man will sort out the back wing and at the weekeknd, I shall drive up and collect the good front wing I have been looking for. Coming along nicely but I'm not quite tall enough or strong enough to lift the hood from the driver's seat.

A dry day at last! 2 years 3 months ago #198276

but I'm not quite tall enough or strong enough to lift the hood from the driver's seat.

A dry day at last! 2 years 3 months ago #198282

Doesn't work if you have a wind break.

A dry day at last! 2 years 3 months ago #198284

Yes it does. Watch the clip again.

A dry day at last! 2 years 3 months ago #198309

Yes, Thanks for that. It is easily done with the seat slid back . Marvellous!

A dry day at last! 2 years 2 months ago #198334

I have stuff stored behind the seat and a much squarer windbreak than the O/E version.
I have tried this method.
It doesn't work for me.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT