Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Got an MGF 2 years 6 months ago #197365

Idly surfing eBay I thought I had found the ideal Xmas present for ME a banner (1.2m x .4m) showing a schematic of an MGTF, closer inspection shows it to be an F so I contact the company to inquire about one of the TF. There follows an exchange where he is adamant it is an MGF/TF and can't follow my point that they are visually different and are two quite separate models.
Anyway if you have an MGF it's nice in various colours and could maybe go on your prezzie list you lucky sods and no I have no connection with the co if I did they would have got it correct.
So now it's back to the die cast metal model kit of the TF for Xmas but which one, the 135 comes with 6 spoke wheels which I currently have fitted to mine or the 160 which has 11 spoke wheels of which I have a set currently residing in my sisters garage, decisions decisions!! At least when I spoke to the model company they knew what I was on about.

I suppose next will be Sotherby's selling a painting by some geezer called Lou Trek.

Merry Xmas to one and all
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Got an MGF 2 years 6 months ago #197367

Yep , seen this and that's what put off buying the banner as I have a TF . Sill , they no best as I'm always saying to her indoors .:nonod: :yesnod:

Got an MGF 2 years 6 months ago #197369

I just want a working mg tf for Christmas - lol

Got an MGF 2 years 6 months ago #197370

Sorry to hit a nerve mate, I read your post before about the MOT and do feel for you, can't be any help with ECU's and sensors trying to get my head round it myself, I'm old school but will say the plugs looked excellent to me so with any luck it is just a sensor gone.
Try appealing on the forum with your location maybe someone round the corner has a Pscan or another bit of kit to help narrow it down?
The very best of luck with it and I hope to read soon you found a loose wire and it's fixed.

Got an MGF 2 years 6 months ago #197378

Didn't hit a nerve :)

I don't mind working on cars - you learn,save money and it's a man think to fix cars (less so these days it seems) along with anything that involves a shed.. Can be annoying trying to fix stuff within an MOT retest time frame though.

Saying that......this is the most problematic car I have every had, I fix one thing and another thing go's. The car is at that age I guess, everything wearing out at about the same time. Does feel like a friday afternoon last off the production line car sometime.

Last edit: Post by TwistedPuppet.

Got an MGF 2 years 6 months ago #197379

I just did a search and found the banner, it seems to be nicely done. And then I check the price to ship to Canada, £25! :rant: Man, eBay's shipping costs to Canada have gone through the roof.
Mark
95 MGF

Got an MGF 2 years 5 months ago #197390

I just did a search and found the banner, it seems to be nicely done. And then I check the price to ship to Canada, £25! :rant: Man, eBay's shipping costs to Canada have gone through the roof.

Since the damned Covid pox has blessed us all with it's presence, freight costs and times have blown out, less flights, lack of transport workers and the ideal excuse to be a lazy profiteering bastard by some in the freight industry, would help explain that!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by talkingcars. Reason: restore missing quote bracket.

Got an MGF 2 years 5 months ago #197422

Mowog Just out of interest I checked Royal Mail (they pay my pension) £9.50 up to 2kg parcel but delivery is 2-12 weeks, but just think of the excitement up to 12 weeks of thinking maybe today!!!!!!!!!!!
Just a thought anybody on here going to Canada or know someone who is, chuck it in your case and post on arrival?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT