Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

They don't make them like that anymore! 5 years 4 months ago #188713

With all the modernising going on with the m6 motorway...turning it to a smart motorway they say..makes our local stretch of the a34 duel carriageway very dangerous has some nights they close the m6 and the duel carriage in effect is a motorway...even during the day now commuters have learnt of the new rat run and 80mph on the a34 is common...gatso speed cameras are no longer working...getting to the point I help a pensioner...you know a bit of gardening and what not...him and his wife are 88 years young..the other day I noticed the duel carriage had been shut off by police with flashing blues...oh no I thought thinking of the pulling to his drive was deadly...it was him that came a cropper he was pulled clear of his mangled wreck after being struck at speed from behind...luckily he was discharged from hospital with just black eyes and a clean bill of health...unless they had to get rid of him for being a pain in the neck!...I went to see him and on asking how he was he replied...I'm ok but the cars a right off..his car being a pug 306...I would like another he said but they don't make em like that anymore....take a look at his pug in the photo....what amazes me is the red arrow in the pic is pointing to the 2 back wheels and subframe that were launched up the road and landed on the grass...they certainly don't make people like him anymore.

Think he was more concerned his pen knife had gone missing aswell
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

They don't make them like that anymore! 5 years 4 months ago #188718

Some shunt that!
He should be claiming for at least whiplash, but probably the culprit was uninsured .

They don't make them like that anymore! 5 years 4 months ago #188719

Ah but my friend doesn't mention claims...the van was fully legal...me personally would be setting up the gallows.pic of culprit van...not to bad.
Attachments:

They don't make them like that anymore! 5 years 4 months ago #188720

The whiplash claim will come - a few years ago my daughter ran into the back of a rep - bumper on her Corsa moved 15mm, so you can image it wasn't exactly a heavy shunt, no visible damage on the other car apart from a slight scuff. At the time the other driver was fine, no hassle etc. Discovered later he had claimed whiplash and was signed off work for a month! We wonder why insurance is so expensive.

They don't make them like that anymore! 5 years 4 months ago #188743

I got shunted in merthr tydvil ..south Wales. ..I was in a pick up truck...I stopped and gave way to traffic overtaking parked cars further up the hill....there was a loud bang ...my head hit the rear window..has it was only a truck cab...no head restraints back then...so a whip lash and a bang...got out after the shock wore off and found a young girl had tried to mate her clio with the rear of my truck....she had been using her mobile and never saw me....I didn't claim for whiplash...but I did receive calls for sometime after asking if I've had a accident in the last so many years and if so would be all able to claim....so it's 3rd parties getting hold of info from insurers and making money from it.She was taken to hospital..shaken not stirred...meanwhile I gave my account of the crash to the police officer inside his patrol car has a poss of relatives related to the girl stood outside the police car snarling at me untill the copper said it wasn't my fault and they were to clear the scene.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT