Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Drag Racing with MGF 8 years 1 week ago #167897

Hi All

Recently a nearby airfield has started hosting Drag Racing & Drifting events.
The Drag racing is described as "Run what you`ve brung", well me & my missus both brought MGF`s.

Normally we have only managed times in the 16.5secs (ish) for the quarter mile, 60 ft times of about 2.35 secs.

However, due to a freaky weather condition, my little blue (non VVC) managed an unbelievable 14.13 seconds for the quarter mile!!

Any mods?, only the cold air induction mod using a high flow panel filter & a 2nd hand big bore (40mm) exhaust system.

How the hell did I manage that?
To be honest, a fluke.
There was a strong crosswind to my left, I was in the RH lane against a 12 second heavily modded front wheel drive VW pickup.
I pulled away faster, but the pickup pulled past me slowly & I think I slipstreamed behind him (thanks to the strong crosswind).

Anyway, the time stands (I was 5th in class = up to 2lt) with a time of 14.13 for a largely stock 120 bhp MGF.
Score one for team MGF!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob, Andy Lawrence, cairnsys, mgtfbluestreak

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Drag Racing with MGF 8 years 1 week ago #167899

Nice one Greg :broon: :broon: :broon:
Robin ;)

Drag Racing with MGF 8 years 5 days ago #167936

Awesome time! I used to pit crew for the outlaw anglia's and I've seen small block Chevy's struggle to sub 14. Go on MG a new craze on the horizon

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT