Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Blew the budget at the scrappies. 9 years 8 months ago #148052

Was at the scrappy getting some parts for a job on a colleagues car and saw this;
2002 Rover 45 Spirit 1.4 DOC K series.

82,000 miles, MOT till next March and 2 months tax, both keys and fobs, handbook, V5 etc.

The water pump was leaking and was too big a job for them so it was going to be broke up.
I checked over the engine, no signs of overheating, expansion tank (although empty) very clean, oil clean with no signs of any mayo.

I put some water in and the engine ran spot on, went for a drive; sweet as. £295 pounds later I drove it home.

Other issues are, windscreen wiper motor noisy, (I have just opened it up, shaft bearing has collapsed new bearing ordered from Bearings On-Line) Heater only working on full speed (resistors ordered from Respax) AC not working (when I have done the water pump I will get it gassed up to see if thats the problem)

I have just fitted the water pump this morning and pressure tested OK, just waiting for the new cam belt to arrive this afternoon to finish the job, then off for a spin.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Badger. Reason: spelling

Blew the budget at the scrappies. 9 years 8 months ago #148054

Good work - are you doing it to make a profit or as a keeper?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Blew the budget at the scrappies. 9 years 8 months ago #148058

Looks like a bargain!

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Blew the budget at the scrappies. 9 years 8 months ago #148059

Good work - are you doing it to make a profit or as a keeper?

For the moment as a keeper as it's very cheap road tax and insurance.

I have my TF steppy up for sale at the moment at: http://www.motors.co.uk/car-35756516/sr as I am on the lookout for an LE 500, but would need to sell that first to add to the funds. So if the TF sells I will have the Rover as a run around until I see the LE 500 that takes my eye.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT