Sign In   Register

Topic

The latest Final Price Game with free prizes. 10 years 3 months ago #138705

Is it really a 160bhp? I've asked the seller the question :-?

Robin

Let us know if and when you get a response please Robin. :broon:

This being the key part, if and when! Any thoughts on my tax findings?

I had two replies
Yes mate
and
Actually there 157 bhp but classed as 160 by mg - his words

Looking at the Ultimate MG site, it says that the MGTF 160 had a tax band of E with emissions of 166 to 185, with the 135 in the higher tax bracket. This supports Richard's suggestion that this is probably not a 160.

Why am I making a meal of this? To my mind a 160 would command a higher price than a 135 and I would pitch my bid accordingly. That and the fact that I'm a pedantic git and don't like being conned! That said, it's probably not going to get the price it deserves.

If any body is interested in going to look at this with a view to buying it, you can tell from the vin whether it's a genuine 160 or not. 160's have a letter P at the 8th position whereas 135's have a K. VVCs have a T, apparently.

Robin

I'm with you there Robin. :broon:

I now reckon it will go for less than £800

Found a nice 51 plate genuine 160 with 61k miles and 18 hours to go @ £561.
2002 MG/ MGF TF 1.8 160 No Resreve
Completed

It has the correct wheels, AP brakes, Leather and Alcantara seats, and the vendor has included lots of pictures and been more honest with the faults. Not and bent panel on it.
Have added it to my watch list ;-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The latest Final Price Game with free prizes. 10 years 3 months ago #138707

that does look a nice one. Only slight concern is the slight leak in the cooling pipes I suppose.

Robin
Robin ;)

Re:Re: The latest Final Price Game with free prizes. 10 years 3 months ago #138708

Have sent a message asking about signs of HGF.
Also worth noting that according to the sales of goods act as they are a dealer they will be liable for any faults within 12 months of sale, despite their disclaimers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edit: Post by Argen69.

The latest Final Price Game with free prizes. 10 years 3 months ago #138711

£1425.

Re:Re: The latest Final Price Game with free prizes. 10 years 3 months ago #138715

according to the sales of goods act as they are a dealer they will be liable for any faults within 12 months of sale, despite their disclaimers.

How did you conclude that they're a dealer Argen? :dry: I only see items that they've bought on ebay. They don't seem to have sold anything?

There's been no response to my question asking for the VIN. :tapfoot:

Re:Re: The latest Final Price Game with free prizes. 10 years 3 months ago #138716

according to the sales of goods act as they are a dealer they will be liable for any faults within 12 months of sale, despite their disclaimers.

How did you conclude that they're a dealer Argen? :dry: I only see items that they've bought on ebay. They don't seem to have sold anything?

Sorry for the confusion Leigh, I was talking about this one
2002 MG/ MGF TF 1.8 160 No Resreve
Completed
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by Argen69.

The latest Final Price Game with free prizes. 10 years 3 months ago #138717

Ah.. That looks like a much better deal. :yesnod:

The latest Final Price Game with free prizes. 10 years 3 months ago #138726

Excellent everybody, I also don't like being conned by sellers like that. They think you're being a nuisance by asking questions and not just buying their in some cases of the ones I saw wreck. I kid you not I asked one supposed garage about brakes, tyres and hg state and he was like "urgh what you expect from a £1500 car" he then swore a bit and promptly hung up the phone!

Re:Re: The latest Final Price Game with free prizes. 10 years 3 months ago #138729

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis

seems he/they've sold at least a Ford Transit Van and an 'autograss' Peugeot 106 in the last months...
#161148276362 Ford
#161143629934 Pug - no longer visible
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Last edit: Post by Bertl.

Re:The latest Final Price Game with free prizes. 10 years 3 months ago #138734

£1205, that's my guess.

The latest Final Price Game with free prizes. 10 years 2 months ago #138771

No replies to my ebay questions. I think that says a lot about a seller and his wares. Personally, I wouldn't bid on it. :dry:

The current bid is..

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

The latest Final Price Game with free prizes. 10 years 2 months ago #138781

Bugger - I am so going to lose again....

Time to create page: 1.036 seconds