Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Le moteur nouveau 10 years 7 months ago #130129

Well as most of you know mrs coupe killed our F earlier in the year by rearrangine a wall with it in the snow , she then immediately jumped ship into a 4.0 grand cherokee , I had by this stage been well and truly bitten by the open top motoring bug but just couldnt bring myself to sell on my wee rover 214 , it just never went wrong , never cost me anything and was uber versatile .
One day a month or so ago a colleague made me an out of the blue offer for it that I couldnt refuse so off it went .
Money burning hole in pocket I set about car shopping , I dithered and hummed and haaed for weeks and lost several suitable conveyances , eventually it got to the stage I needed a car so I pulled the trigger and bought something at last

Now before you all queue up to kick me in the head let me explain my reasoning behind this purchase ...

4 seats were a must , the jeep isnt my cup of tea and taking it out of the village requires a second mortgage so if we go anywhere en famille it will be in my car .
it couldnt be german
it had to be cheap
it had to be easy to work on
I didnt need a rocket ship
so ............

Ta DA !

it fit all criteria but its no rover ...and then to add insult to injury I only discover they were made in germany after all :lol:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Le moteur nouveau 10 years 7 months ago #130131

C'est une bon couleur, quel dommage son allemand. ;)

Le moteur nouveau 10 years 7 months ago #130132

its very tahiti-esque in colour , I would actually have had a yellow one given the choice .
I knew karmann had a hand in the design but I didnt realise renault actually subcontracted the whole body and roof out to them with only final assembly taking place in france

Le moteur nouveau 10 years 7 months ago #130145

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Can you get a renualt owners club insurance discount?

Le moteur nouveau 10 years 7 months ago #130186

Dunno but as is the strange world of insurance it's costing me 15 quid a month less to insure it fully comp than the 214 was third party

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT