Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

If you could go back to be at any gig.... 11 years 2 months ago #104396

It has to be Pink Floyd at the odean in Newcastle mid 70s. The animation with the surfer and the clocks were at the time state of the art effects for live bands on stage. Think it was the first in quadraphonic sound for me. Also Thin Lizzy at Reading. Oh and B B King at Metro Arena Newcastle.

But, wish list has to Led Zepp, envy envy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by sam47.

If you could go back to be at any gig.... 11 years 2 months ago #104404

The one that always comes to mind is ELO at Wembley in 1978, was offered a ticket but for some reason decided not to go.

Got to agree with Bowie in the Ziggy days though, that would have been something to see

Last edit: Post by smithp25.

If you could go back to be at any gig.... 11 years 2 months ago #104417

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.

either...
Emerson Lake & Palmer at the Hammersmith Odeon (Tarkus on stage!!)
or
Led Zep at the Ally Pally

both around 1975

I was at those as well! Our college used to run bargain gig trips all over, plus we had Trentham Gardens and de Montfort hall, both major venues in the day and just along the road.
Was also at Earls Court in 73 for the Floyd.
I stopped going to gigs when the super-venues started taking over. I went to see Yes at Crystal Palace and despite being around the centreline, couldn't really see bugger all. Big screen technology was not very advanced.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

If you could go back to be at any gig.... 11 years 2 months ago #104515

Its like a Senior Citizens outing in here...
All well before my time but I should have liked to have seen Queen at their height...I imagine Woodstock in the Summer of Love would have been quite an experience too.
Also seeing Nirvana would have been something special for me, I was just a bit too young and on the wrong side of the pond.

Supercover has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Social hand grenades don't exist. ;)

If you could go back to be at any gig.... 11 years 2 months ago #104519

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.

Its like a Senior Citizens outing in here...
All well before my time but I should have liked to have seen Queen at their height...I imagine Woodstock in the Summer of Love would have been quite an experience too.
Also seeing Nirvana would have been something special for me, I was just a bit too young and on the wrong side of the pond.

Yep, senior citizens of the age of all the people you wish you'd seen. ;)

Can't imagine anyone reminiscing about a One Direction or Jedward gig in 30 years time. :sick:
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

If you could go back to be at any gig.... 11 years 2 months ago #104521

My first gig was Jamiroqui at the NEC. It was great, although the abiding memory was driving home in my '64 VW camper with no heaters in sub zero temps... I was frozen stiff by the time I got home.

Supercover has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Social hand grenades don't exist. ;)

If you could go back to be at any gig.... 11 years 2 months ago #104524

Ah, :pop:
we belong to a golden age when music was made by gifted musicians on real instruments. A lot of them were ugly ungainly bastards, but that didn't matter because the ONLY thing was the MUSIC.

Now the process seems to be:-

Find someone who looks good.

Teach them to lipsynch.

Train them to jig about.

Dress them slutty/sexy.

Put a load of sexy/slutty dancers behind them to make their jigging about look coordinated.

Manufacture some backing music with an insistent beat.

Put a vocal lead on. If the 'star' can vaguely approximate singing put it through an autotune and enhance it. Multiple track it with people in the wings who can actually sing.

...and there you have her...

Cheryl Cole.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT