Sign In   Register

Topic

why do you live there? .............. 11 years 2 months ago #101316

i was driving up the M6 tonight and as i passed level with Aiketgate, a thought appeared......... what made David decide to live there?????
So then i started to wonder ...........

why do you live where you do and what influenced you to buy/rent the property you're in????

Mine is dead easy.......... it's where Maggy lives :woohoo: and she'd bought it long before i moved in with her :yesnod: only thing wrong is she forgot to buy a house with a garage :slapme: :oops: :P

so come on........ why and what?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

why do you live there? .............. 11 years 2 months ago #101317

Close to parents for child care, far enough away from work and London so I can afford it lol

Good schools nearby. Lots of pubs :broon:

That sums it up I think.....
when your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems suddenly become nails.......

why do you live there? .............. 11 years 2 months ago #101318

which were higher on the list ..... the schools or the pub???? :lol: :lol:

why do you live there? .............. 11 years 2 months ago #101320

Tut tut phil!

The pubs of course lol
when your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems suddenly become nails.......

why do you live there? .............. 11 years 2 months ago #101321

Rayleigh in Essex.
10 minutes from work, traffic permitting.
10 minutes from the in-laws. One of the few Essex towns low on the Chav-ometer. Quiet pubs, rowdy nightlife if required. ( Pink toothbrush!!! ..And !!!!) ... It's just home!
Cars - Making me poor since 1989

why do you live there? .............. 11 years 2 months ago #101322

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
I'm Yorkshire born but moved all over the country with my Dads work. Career hungry power station boss. When I was 11 we settled in the Midlands. And I met my Ginger Midget at grammar Skool. And eventually married her. Can't shake her off all these years later. The persistence of Ginger. My dad stayed put for long enough for me to stay in place for me O levels. And A levels I followed in dads footsteps in the power industry and moved all over the country and indeed the world with the power industry. We decided to move back 5 years ago from S Wales. I now leisurely lecture. Mainly to 'thick as mince' graduates.

So now we live in the tiny village that time forgot that's in easy reach of Nottingham, Leicester and Derby
And Brum if we're desperate.

And we're happy. All the kids are grown up and buggered off. Which is a parental dream state.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

why do you live there? .............. 11 years 2 months ago #101327

I live here because a) My OH and I were moving in together, b) it was near where he worked at the time and my job was more flexible so I was able to work from home without having to job hunt before moving and c) you get a lot more house for your money here than we would if we'd stayed in the Midlands.

Home to me will always be Midlands, I liked it there - it was in the middle of the country and made it feel easy to get to anywhere... Here I'm just 2 hours further away from everything! :(

why do you live there? .............. 11 years 2 months ago #101333

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
I live in a small village called Bolton on Dearne its where the hard core miners come from. I live within ten mins walking distance of either parents and very good transport links around all south Yorkshire. Cheap as chips to live here and the best schools in the area. Just put an offer in for a 4 bed detached with garage for...... £132k and subject to our chain being complete were sorted... That means I can get three cars on the drive happy days :) its ok living in a "deprived" area :) plus I know everyone so brill for help / favours

why do you live there? .............. 11 years 2 months ago #101348

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
We got bored of living in married quarters and the petty politics involved when I was posted to RAF Boulmer so we went out and bought a house.

It was a new build 3 bed with garage and enough room out the front to fit 5 cars, all for £44950. Been here 21 years now.

We are still here because we like it here and it is paid for now. :woohoo:

why do you live there? .............. 11 years 2 months ago #101350

I used to live in Guidepost, Northumberland. did a mechanical apprenticeship at Ellington colliery but following its closure in 2005 I got offered a transfer to Dawmill in warwickshire so to stay in mining I had to make the move to Nuneaton. Unfortunately though it seems another move to a different part of the country is on the cards as the mining industry is just about down the pan now, so Don't know where we will be living this time next year
Keith
a hammer fixes all

why do you live there? .............. 11 years 2 months ago #101351

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!

We got bored of living in married quarters and the petty politics involved when I was posted to RAF Boulmer so we went out and bought a house.

It was a new build 3 bed with garage and enough room out the front to fit 5 cars, all for £44950. Been here 21 years now.

We are still here because we like it here and it is paid for now. :woohoo:

:broon: :broon: :broon:

That's great ... Hoping to be mortgage free by 50 too

why do you live there? .............. 11 years 2 months ago #101354

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Cheeky git. I'm not 50.

Was mortgage free at 40 and it takes a hell of a weight off your shoulders.

Used to sit and watch the news when interest rates were changing and think OMG, beans again for another month. Now I watch and think Mehhh. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bensewell

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT