Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

up grade my P/C 12 years 4 days ago #48517

Well after my last P/C which had 500 :woohoo: mb which I found could be changed to 1.2gb with the help of Crucial I have now upgraded my new P/C from 3gb to 8gb [isn't it easy to do] so if any one out there has no idea of computers don't let that stop you all the simple info comes with the new chip £33 for my up grade. :broon:
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by helsbyman.

Re: up grade my P/C 12 years 4 days ago #48519

Upgrading a PC, or even building one from scratch, is way easier than doing anything to an F/TF.

With the possible exception of filling it up with petrol :)
Back with front wheel drive and 181HP at the wheels :)

Last edit: Post by andy1970h.

Re: up grade my P/C 12 years 4 days ago #48520

Do yourself a favour and get an SSD (Solid state drive).

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: up grade my P/C 12 years 4 days ago #48521

• Visitor
  • Visitor
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That made me giggle B)

Re: up grade my P/C 12 years 4 days ago #48551

Thats what I have been upto too ... Upgraded motherboard to Asus Stricker II Extreme, RAM to 8GB 1600mhz, Nvidia GTX550 Ti 1GB graphics card and Windows 7 64bit. What have a gained ...well a faster PC and improved performance on high end games BUT a number of other games now don't work no matter what compatibility mode I use :oops:

SO to get round this I have created a virtual machine using VMPlayer to emulate the old one :slapme:

I did think about going down the SSD route as I have a small 32gb drive but the only real advantage is load times but the cost for a decent size SSD is just not worth it YET

Tunning your car cost to much these days (and you get dirty) so TUNE dem PC's its clean, its dry, its warm and fraught with just as many disasters to keep you pulling your hair out :bang: what more could you want...

Last edit: Post by p24hrsmith.

Re: up grade my P/C 12 years 4 days ago #48552

:bang: what more could you want...

Haha :) watercooled silence is nice.

Re: up grade my P/C 12 years 4 days ago #48557

speed well i use 2 x500gig hdds set up on a raid

athlon 2 64

3 gig ram win 7 and thats fast to burn a dvd in about 10 mins :)

dont play games as got a ps3 lol
mad about cars and bikes :)
if it aint broke dont fix it :)

Re: up grade my P/C 12 years 4 days ago #48559

I wanted a ps3 but the kids wanted a Wii .... I lost

Re: up grade my P/C 12 years 4 days ago #48570

SSD's are a fantastic upgrade, I'm on my second now(just put a larger sata3 one in).It speeds up the boot times and makes the pc run like a rocket.Reminds me of how when multi core cpu's were introduced and you could finally multi task without the whole system grinding to a halt.

As for ram it's still one of the cheapest easiest ways to improve an old tired pc.

I'm on my second quad core rig but am getting itchy feet and fancy something quicker.Intel make the fastest cpu's but I'm a die hard AMD man so it will probably be a high end bulldozer for me next.My son loves it when I upgrade he gets the old one :yesnod:

Re: up grade my P/C 12 years 4 days ago #48574

Bulldozers just aren't cutting the mustard it seems. I've an intel and amd mix in mine. Intel cpu AMD GPU. Although, I'm not really a competitive gamer anymore.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT