Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Bargin MG6 for sale! 12 years 2 months ago #43124

John that is nearly 50%off :omg:

It is, I dread to think what the garage paided for it! She was up for £9499, they have a few at that price. Mine is still on their site http://www.suttonparkrenault.co.uk/advsearchresults.asp?Make=26&Model=389&numdoors=&min_pr=9000&max_pr=15000&Fuel=&Gearbox=&Year=&body=&LocationID=0&imageField.x=37&imageField.y=12

They did say they made very little on her, they just wanted to keep the money moving.

Dealers usually like to make £1500 to £2000 on a sale (John will probably shoot me down on this, because margins are so low!) My daughter traded in her TF for a Honda Civic sport, and the Honda dealer put it up for £1500 mare than he gave in part X the same day and they didnt even bother to clean it, mind you it was a superb example and is the Starlight Silver on on the paint codes here. We dont know what they sold it for?

That sounds right Bryan although I know some who try for £3000 plus!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Bargin MG6 for sale! 12 years 2 months ago #43126

John, did you go to Sutton Park for that one?

Yes matey :) She was at Sutton Coldfield but they brought her to Stourbridge for me to look at and test drive :broon:

Re: Bargain MG6 for sale! 12 years 2 months ago #43128

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Oh..I thought you had been to the Sutton Coldfield one, was going to say we only live about a mile from there....

Re: Bargin MG6 for sale! 12 years 2 months ago #43130

Most dealers would love to make £2000 on every car sale! The reality is that by the time the dreaded VAT has been paid, preparation costs taken into account and the cost of warranty, it's more likely that the average marin is more like £600! Don't forget, for every car quoted with a BIG margin, there is another that doesn't sell and makes a loss! As for MG6 at £4000? Gonna have to waiy a lot longer than four years for that (either that or a 100,000 miler!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44

Re: Bargain MG6 for sale! 12 years 2 months ago #43132

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Off topic slightly..
But I have asked 6...yes that is SIX times for a MG6 Brochure from the MG website and recieved none!

I love every thing about MGs but it seems their (new customer?) service is absolutey lousy..

I've given up now, they might of lost a sale? Who knows......

Re: Bargin MG6 for sale! 12 years 2 months ago #43139

Most dealers would love to make £2000 on every car sale! The reality is that by the time the dreaded VAT has been paid, preparation costs taken into account and the cost of warranty, it's more likely that the average marin is more like £600! Don't forget, for every car quoted with a BIG margin, there is another that doesn't sell and makes a loss! As for MG6 at £4000? Gonna have to waiy a lot longer than four years for that (either that or a 100,000 miler!)

Some 5ish year cars can go for £4000 http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201207449979408/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/5000/price-from/4000/model/mondeo/make/ford/page/1/postcode/dy102rl/radius/1500?logcode=p

I often look at old cars and think 'once they were brand new and the owners pride and joy' MGF's were around £20000 new
Now they got be bought for under £1000, it is a fact of life that most cars lose HUGE amounts of money, but has a percentage how much money does a TV, set of clothes or carpet lose? :)

Last edit: Post by Red Devil.

Re: Bargain MG6 for sale! 12 years 2 months ago #43141

gazsuttonuk-e-mail me on summitgarage.co.uk and let me know your details and i'll send you a brochure asap!

Re: Bargain MG6 for sale! 12 years 2 months ago #43143

Yes John, that's over 5 years old (56 plate) and not 4 years old. I reckon at 4 years old, we are likely to see MG6 for sale at nearer to £6000. Good spec-rarity-ride and drive and lastly the fact it's an MG :)!

Re: Bargain MG6 for sale! 12 years 2 months ago #43144

oops :)! e-mail me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Re: Bargain MG6 for sale! 12 years 2 months ago #43145

Yes John, that's over 5 years old (56 plate) and not 4 years old. I reckon at 4 years old, we are likely to see MG6 for sale at nearer to £6000. Good spec-rarity-ride and drive and lastly the fact it's an MG :)!

I took it to mean the one I posted plus 4 years John :)

Yes £6000 sounds about right. I remember buying a brand new Rover 75 for £19000, now they are some under £1000. I may just start buying apple trees at least they are worth more as they get older :lol:

Re: Bargain MG6 for sale! 12 years 2 months ago #43148

Off topic slightly..
But I have asked 6...yes that is SIX times for a MG6 Brochure from the MG website and recieved none!

I love every thing about MGs but it seems their (new customer?) service is absolutey lousy..

I've given up now, they might of lost a sale? Who knows......

Have you tried just downloading one from the website.... :( :(

Re: Bargain MG6 for sale! 12 years 2 months ago #43155

Sure as eggs is eggs :) cars lose money! Sometimes (if you buy a very exotic car or a new car with a BIG waiting list, then the value will rise) but on the whole, cars lose money! If you take those early MGF's-£19,000 was not un common when new, but today they can be bought for sometimes only hundreds. In time they will be seen as desireable and collectable and start to rise, but doubt they'll ever get back to new list price? MG6 is generally good car and will always have a following, it will also be hard to get an early one, cos up till now, there are only a few hundred around!

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT