Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGTF Remote Starter. 12 years 2 months ago #40930

The video below features my car (T-Bar forum member 'Belvoiture') after having the Clifford remote starter and car alarm fitted to it.

These are really good in the winter, for when you want to start your car and warm it up, without venturing out into the cold. Or, for just another fun way to start your car.

You'll be able to use a mobile phone to start it up soon, but this part of the remote start isn't out in the uk yet . At the moment you can get a normal remote or a 2 way pager remote which costs slightly more. You've got to have the key in the ignition and turn it to the second postion otherwise it cuts out when you press the brake.

After you put the key in, you press the break and the doors lock after a 2 second pause. The car is then ready to drive away . You can set it to the remote startup to start the engine if the battery goes low and it will recharge it. It can also be set up to start if the weather drops below a certain temperature.

There is also a 'panic safety feature' that will set the alarm off and unlock the car for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping. Reason: Minor changes.

Re: remote start 12 years 2 months ago #40931

i like this do you know how much it costs and where to get one fitted
cheers
joe
Live life for today and worry about tomorrow when it happens !!

Re: remote start 12 years 2 months ago #40933

I want something like this purely for the remote start!
Something else to add to the list of things to buy!

Re: remote start 12 years 2 months ago #40942

check with insurance company as some refuse to insure i wanted to do this to my old sprinter van so it was nice and warm when i got in but was told no :nonod:
mad about cars and bikes :)
if it aint broke dont fix it :)

Last edit: Post by MGF MARK.

Re: remote start 12 years 2 months ago #40945

Yea the Viper site, as I was looking at all alternatives, say that quite a few insurance companies will not insure if the remote start is used on the public highways.
Assume that's American for, only use it on your drive..... or in a field.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT