Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re:Tf exhaust 1 month 3 weeks ago #206050

We’re getting philosophical now but it’s true that it’s fix it or bin it and given the cost vs enjoyment argument it’s a no brainier which is handy for me.I was thinking of trading up but looking at costs of alternatives I might be looking for a shinier tf in the future.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Tf exhaust 1 month 3 weeks ago #206055

Spottycat is spot on. My car will be worth more than I paid for it, not because of the work & parts I’ve invested in it, but I bought well & the values of my model & year have become more attractive to a certain strata of people.
Having had a tf & the f simultaneously, certain features on the tf I missed when it went & this over time I’ve retrofitted those items to the f.
Then knowledge, abilities & megalomania set in, plus I do development work, using my poor beast as a test bed & a number of designs have permanently lodged in the car.
I’ve, in all probability, spent more farting about than I paid & I wouldn’t recoup anything like the spend. Is that the motivation? No I’ve derived an immeasurable amount of pleasure (& made a few quid) without a wheel turning.
And then there’s the immeasurable amount of pleasure driving it.
It started out as a sports car but has morphed into a tourer that goes around corners like a sports car.
I like that.
M

Tf exhaust 1 month 3 weeks ago #206058

I have a free cat from a 2000 MGF if anyone is happy to pay the £20/£25 postage to the UK from Ireland. Needs new studs but otherwise fine.

Tf exhaust 1 month 3 weeks ago #206063

That is a very kind offer for someone & very much in the spirit of this great forum.

Is yours the early Mk1 cat thats in a straight line or the one with curved pipe for the Mk2 & TF ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Tf exhaust 1 month 3 weeks ago #206065

Sorted now thanks to all for advice and offers, tf curved cat

Tf exhaust 1 month 3 weeks ago #206070

Charlier its probably worth editing the subject line of your first post to 'Sorted'.

Have you taken Stubbs up on his offer or found one elsewhere ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Last edit: Post by Notanumber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT