Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Short front mudflaps? 3 months 2 weeks ago #205453

Hi all.
I'm looking for two shorter front mudflaps for my TF.
I've seen some advertised a few months ago but they are rare apparently! I recently lowered the car using spax and h&r springs they seem to have lowered the car a bit more than before and keep catching some sleeping policeman that they previously avoided!!
I would like to keep some protection for the sides of the car so don't want to have to remove them..I could cut half an inch off the existing ones but that's if all else fails.
What do you have ..or any other suggestions are welcome ??
Cheers in advance 👍

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Short front mudflaps? 3 months 2 weeks ago #205456

If you wait around for the correct items to turn up you could end up ripping your existing ones off. There is the potential to do more damage than not having that protection in the first place, I would be trimming them down to an acceptable level, but not too much, they do act as “loading gauges”, catching on obstructions before the arse gets ripped out of your car.
M

Short front mudflaps? 3 months 2 weeks ago #205458

Looks like a trim is needed..wonder how they'll cut up and what's best I wonder to do do the job?

Short front mudflaps? 3 months 2 weeks ago #205459

Cutting wheel in an angle grinder should do it and then tidy up with a file. Otherwise a jigsaw with a medium blade or by hand with a hacksaw.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Short front mudflaps? 3 months 2 weeks ago #205460

Nice one thanks for the advice 👍

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT