Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Harness Plug 1 year 6 months ago #200163

Would anybody have a Torque Steer Sensor connection plug as per picture with a short length of wiring they could sell me.

This is main harness end, would cover any costs.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pic added

Harness Plug 1 year 6 months ago #200182

Can I assume you are making a test loom to reset the centring on the EPS? The loom I made some years ago is illustrated & uses Faston 0.125 (mini Lucar) instead of the original connector. This worked fine, however my loom is for a Mk1 f, I believe there’s some difference with later cars. I illustrate a faston 0.250 next to a 0.125.
On another note & reference to the loom with the multiturn pot, Minimax outlined a possible mod to the EPS whereby a trim pot could be introduced which would aid the setting up of the system.
Having looked at the diagram for the system I felt it worth a try whilst my head was in the footwell & I played with it for a while & the EPS electronics, which is quite intense, didn’t like it. The byproduct of this is that I introduced a switch into the system which allows me to disable the EPS.
And do I use this? After playing with it on the moorland roads & enjoying the extra talkback from the road I leave the system engaged having forgotten about disabling it & driving around Greater Manchester fretting about a system failure. Only remembering whilst reversing into the workshop!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lexus

Harness Plug 1 year 6 months ago #200183

It would have been better if the pictures had attached themselves to the text, I’ll have another try.
Attachments:

Harness Plug 1 year 6 months ago #200184

And as with busses two lots come along at once, sorry.

Harness Plug 1 year 6 months ago #200197

You are correct in that I wish to test/setup the torque steer sensor but also its part of a test rig I'm putting together to monitor all functions of the EPAS at one convenient point, eg a test box on the passengers seat, which would probably all be redundant once I get my hands on a PSCAN module.

Harness Plug 1 year 6 months ago #200221

Ah good another enquiring mind, what parameters are you looking for & to what ends?

Harness Plug 1 year 5 months ago #200236

The MGF steering I have fitted to my classic car cuts out randomly and just want to monitor various signals to see if anything shows up without being a parts changer, albeit I did try another EPAS ECU, now a G rather than an F
I have also monitored the remote signal source with a scope and it never missed a beat.

Harness Plug 1 year 5 months ago #200239

Requirement - Problem - Outline solution - route to resolution identified - Application of solution - Apply - Debug - Test until reliability satisfies criteria - Problem solved. Happy days.

Harness Plug 1 year 5 months ago #200240

That sounds pretty linear, more likely logarithmic or anti log or a bell curve or if you’re working on a budget, random.

Harness Plug 1 year 5 months ago #200255

Have a look at 3 way components (3waycomp on e-bay) it isn't disimilar to the Deutsch DT / DTM series. The e-bay store is worth a look for car electrics.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT