Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

foglamp brackets 8 years 11 months ago #158970

So decided to buy some foglamps ,wasted no time taking the front bumper off..................when it was off realised I need some brackets for these lamps to fit my 2004 tf......heres a picture of my lamps and bumper..........................can anyone on here supply me with these brackets to affix the lamps

..................... :beer:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

foglamp brackets 8 years 11 months ago #158976

need to check if the wiring is there too
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

foglamp brackets 8 years 11 months ago #158977

They do appear on eBay from time to time, not as rare as MGF brackets.

However they do command a good price, and expect to pay between £30 and £60 for a pair!

The brackets are glued to the bumpar with some wonder-glue, so removing from a used bumper usually damages the brackets unless you are very patient and careful!

Usually better, and cheaper to find a used bumper with fogs already fitted.

Of course nothing to stop you fibre-glassing them into your bumper though!

Peter

foglamp brackets 8 years 11 months ago #158978

Does this mean then that some later models may have the wiring in place? :-? :-? ...................I checked ebay at the time of writing this post and found 1 bracket for sale..........the bumper has 6 drillings to except screws for the bracket which ive highlighted with yellow arrows so I assume the later brackets screw on apposed to the older types being glued............................ :bust:

yeh there pricey :dry:

how much :slapme: :slapme:

foglamp brackets 8 years 11 months ago #158982

There are two types of bracket for the TF - one with 6 screws and one that glues on - you need the screw on type. The eBay one you showed is the correct one.

foglamp brackets 8 years 11 months ago #158995

just been reading bobs how to on fitting spotlights..........................very useful,after reading it im now confident to wire my own fogs................just need to locate,2 brckets,relay and switch :woohoo:

foglamp brackets 8 years 11 months ago #159003

foglamp brackets 8 years 11 months ago #159026

just been reading bobs how to on fitting spotlights..........................very useful,after reading it im now confident to wire my own fogs................just need to locate,2 brckets,relay and switch :woohoo:

I got most of the stuff from mgfntfbitz give them a call I'm sure they will have everything you need apart from the brackets.

I have the two fog light connectors if you need them and I have a pair of brackets as well, but they are the glue on type.You're welcome to everything for the price of postage. I can post a picture of the brackets if you like they would need a little work to bond them on.

Edit. B&G do the brackets for around £40 here's a link http://www.ukmgparts.com/product/mgf14-exterior-bodyshell-panels/tf-frt-fog-bracket-lh-622376-dpl000190
http://www.ukmgparts.com/product/mgf14-exterior-bodyshell-panels/tf-frt-fog-bracket-rh-622376-dpl000180

Last edit: Post by Bob.

foglamp brackets 8 years 11 months ago #159028

These brackets are typically an example of the potenentiality of 3D printing... Has someone ever 3d printed parts for his car?

foglamp brackets 8 years 11 months ago #159039

thanks bob but ill give it a miss on the glue on type..........want to do a well good job as i cherish the car to much..........seen the new brackets on ebay,but yes to much of a price tag as im on a budget........ill make some calls soon to price some brackets.... :broon:..........................ill take you up on the offer of the lamp connectors bob if you pm your email address I could send you the coin what you want......paypal?

foglamp brackets 8 years 11 months ago #159076

Surely these brackets could be made out of a sheet of perspex .

I to want to fit fogs to my car just because there more pleasing to look at then black plastic covers but no way would I pay 60 quid for 2 small bits of plastic id rather fabricate some mounts .. no ones goin to see them so personally I dont think it matters as long as its up to the job , sturdy and safe

foglamp brackets 8 years 11 months ago #159079

Edit. B&G do the brackets for around £40 here's a link http://www.ukmgparts.com/product/mgf14-exterior-bodyshell-panels/tf-frt-fog-bracket-lh-622376-dpl000190
http://www.ukmgparts.com/product/mgf14-exterior-bodyshell-panels/tf-frt-fog-bracket-rh-622376-dpl000180

No need to pay £60 the screw in ones are £40ish at Brown and Gammons.

Last edit: Post by Bob.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.898 seconds