Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Soft top heated rear screen 7 years 4 months ago #174435

I am selling my heated rear screen for an mgtf. I bought it thinking that it would fit mine but it is a short zip type.
I have been told it is an unusual original mg part hence the fact it does not fit mine!
Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me will know better!
Anyway, there have been a couple of well done minor repairs to the canvas part and the zip looks good.
Will put pics on soon.

Open to offers...

Cheers ,

Mitch

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Soft top heated rear screen 7 years 4 months ago #174436

The 2005 MG Rover original glass screen panels, with the short zip, only fit the original 2005 cars which had glass screens

Even if the zip is changed for a correct one to match the earlier cars the Velcro does not match and it is only possible to fold by unzipping the screen, as the glass is positioned too high to fold

MGFMania acquired the 644 glass screens which were destined for the LE500's but the hoods were made in China with Chinese glass. MGFMania panels were engineered to fold without unzipping from 2009 onwards

Soft top heated rear screen 7 years 4 months ago #174446

hi,will this fit a 2003 mgtf if so how much ,thanks graham.

Soft top heated rear screen 7 years 4 months ago #174460

Hi Graham, according to the post above, it seems to be a one year only 2005 fitment.

Open to offers as it has had a couple of minor repairs on the canvas.

Cheers,

Mitch

Soft top heated rear screen 7 years 4 months ago #174466

:( thanks for your reply , it wont fit 2003 mgtf ,but thanks anyway. :nonod: :nonod:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT