• Page:

Topic

Liquid levers suspension pump with vacuum facility 8 years 6 months ago #162506

• PQD44's Avatar Topic Author
  • PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Will get a photo in the next couple of days.

The pump will be available in a week or two after I use it to de-pressurise the suspension on my F ready for breaking.

The model is the same as the one pictured here but is white (ish) and is used not new. Perfect working order. I bought this off Andy the tyre man just over a year ago. He had fitted new seals to it just before selling it to me.

Quite heavy and large so postage will be expensive. I can get a quote for a courier if you can't pick it up yourself.

New these pumps cost £670

Here is the blurb for it
FULLY MG/ROVER APPROVED VACUUM ASSISTED HYDROLASTIC SUSPENSION PUMP.

DIRECT FROM THE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER! MG/ROVER APPROVAL No. 18G703Q

THIS UNIT IS THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION SPECIFIED BY MG/ROVER FOR USE IN ALL FRANCHISED DISTRIBUTORSHIPS WORLDWIDE SINCE THE EARLY 90'S. THE VACUUM ASSISTANCE WAS INSISTED UPON IN ORDER TO GUARANTEE THE REMOVAL OF AIR FROM THE SUSPENSION SYSTEM OF THE VEHICLE TO GIVE THE BEST RIDE CHARACTERISTICS POSSIBLE.

THIS UNIT IS ESPECIALLY SUITABLE FOR HYDRAGAS SUSPENDED VEHICLES LIKE MG 'F' MODELS, WHERE THE REMOVAL OF ALL RESIDUAL AIR IS ESSENTIAL IF THE CORRECT RIDE CHARACTERISTICS ARE TO BE MAINTAINED.

MANUFACTURED IN STEEL WITH A POWDER COAT FINISH, THIS UNIT WILL GIVE MANY YEARS OF TROUBLE FREE SERVICE. IT COMES WITH A FULL 12 MONTH WARRANTY, INSTRUCTIONS AND A HEIGHT SETTING CHART FOR ALL UK MANUFACTURED HYDROLASTIC VEHICLES UP TO AND INCLUDING THE MG'F' VARIANTS.

A SCHRADER LOW-LOSS CONNECTOR IS FITTED FOR EASY CONNECTION TO THE VEHICLE DISPLACER UNITS.

NO EXTRAS OR ACCESSORIES REQUIRED OTHER THAN FLUID, WHICH WE ARE UNABLE TO SUPPLY BUT CAN BE BOUGHT FROM ANY GOOD MOTOR FACTOR.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Liquid levers suspension pump with vacuum facility 8 years 6 months ago #162510

I'm interested subject to price and a courier option.

Thanks,

Richard

Sad to see your car go though.....
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Liquid levers suspension pump with vacuum facility 8 years 2 months ago #164175

Paul,

What's the situation with the pump please? I thought we'd agreed a deal.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Liquid levers suspension pump with vacuum facility 8 years 2 months ago #164180

Have you tried pmail.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Liquid levers suspension pump with vacuum facility 8 years 2 months ago #164185

Have you tried pmail.

Yes!

Liquid levers suspension pump with vacuum facility 8 years 2 months ago #164189

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Would be worth a new Pmail, As i had to removed them all a while ago due to a fault, Which means Paul won't have any history

Liquid levers suspension pump with vacuum facility 8 years 2 months ago #164192

Have you tried pmail.

Yes!

Message sent on your behalf. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Liquid levers suspension pump with vacuum facility 8 years 2 months ago #164408

I've had no response from Paul/PQD44 to either this thread or by PM. He doesn't seem to have responded either to a question on the parts for sale thread nor to a couple of PMs from me before Christmas and before the site was refreshed - I hope everything is OK with him -does anyone have any news?

Thanks,

Richard

Liquid levers suspension pump with vacuum facility 1 year 11 months ago #198819

Does anyone know if Liquid Levers are still in business? I have tried emailing them (at least twice) and even phoning.

I have their pump with vacuum facility that I purchased some ten years ago. Seems like the pressure gauge is faulty as the pump is clearly generating pressure in the system but I have no clue what the liquid side pressure is.

I am sure a replacement gauge can be sourced state side. It would be nice to have a diagram of how the unit comes apart though.

Have just installed a set of refurbished spheres on N31SPB from Rimmer Bros and so far am pleased with the results.

Last edit: Post by verofan. Reason: added info

Liquid levers suspension pump with vacuum facility 1 year 11 months ago #198820

Given that you have renewed spheres, you can just pump to the correct ride height.
The following user(s) said Thank You: verofan

Liquid levers suspension pump with vacuum facility 1 year 11 months ago #198823

True. The rear is about right at ~365mm. The front a little higher. I have cycled the suspension a couple of times by letting the car sit on the lift locks, then lowering and jouncing the suspension.

However, I need to have the equipment functioning properly so go back to the original questions. I can likely figure it out without liquid levers but would be nice to know how it comes apart. From what I can tell the bottom cover comes off?

Liquid levers suspension pump with vacuum facility 1 year 11 months ago #198824

My pump is a different brand (Alba Diagnostics), so I don't know how your pump is laid out, but if it's anything like mine the gauge will be generic and you should be able to get one from an industrial instrument supplier.

I can't help you with "how to pull it apart"

Here are pix of mine:
Not that it helps you much, as It's different to all the others I've seen.

It's made in Scotland
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT