Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGF FOR SALE (W Reg, 2000) 1.8 9 years 10 months ago #145310

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello all,

It is with heavy heart that I am having to sell my lovely little silver MGF. It is a year 2000 W plate and has 79,437 on the clock.

Taxed until: 30/09/2014
MOT'd until: 17/04/2015

I bought the car last year with the intention of restoring it to it's full glory and keeping it for a very long time to come. However as we all know, life rarely seems to work out that way and was made redundant a couple of weeks back with baby No.2 on the way, so something has to give and it's the MG. :(

The car came to me in a bit of a state with a fair few problems. But I'm happy to say that almost everything that I set out to do to restore the car has been done.

It has had modified or repaired as follows:

The interior floor pan has been sanded and protected with Waxoyl, as has the firewall behind the seats.
A TF snorkel has been fitted to stop the usual heater box leak.
The steering wheel has been redyed to MG Rover sandstone beige to repair the worn leather.
A Rover Group (BMW CD43) CD stereo has been fitted and is in full working order with radio code.
The battery has been replaced with a new one.
Upgraded shorter radio aerial.
The under body coolant pipes have been replaced with new ones (standard parts).
The carpets have been removed, pressure washed and re-dyed to look like new.
New silver centre consul and air vent surrounds fitted.
Chrome ashtray fitted.
Cigarette lighter replaced with 12v power plug.
OEM orange look dashboard light filter.
New mats fitted with MG logo.
Boot carpet removed and boot floor sealed to prevent leaks.
Rear lights removed, cleaned and sealed to prevent leaks.
Had a full interior clean including seats scrubbed and cleaned.
Two new quality front tyres fitted (Uniroyal rain expert)
New flip key type fob with spare fob and three keys.
Hood cleaned and resealed with Autoglym roof treatment.
Oil service and filter using premium oil.
Upgraded alloy throttle body.
Hydragas pump up.
New wiper blades fitted.
Undersealed underneath (arches need to be completed in summer).
Brakes cleaned.
Brake pipes cleaned and Oiled.
Head gasket replaced by previous owner and shows no signs of leaks, mayo etc. (Not receipted)

And finally the not so good bits:

The usual areas are suffering from rusty areas. The O/S (driver side) wing has bubbling. Both air intakes have mild rusting and the boot lid has mild rusting to the 'crease' area.
Needs two rear tyres.
Steering is a bit wooly and could do with the EPS resetting.
The plastic hood has been replaced and has a very minor leak around the seem (which looks like it could be siliconed). Unfortunately never got round to this.
There are some advisories but nothing major and I'm not too trusting of that particular MOT tester as he tried to fail the centre Hydragas pipe as he throught it was a brake pipe!!

There is service history with the car, but I suspect that lots is missing as the did seem to be lots of new parts fitted when I got the car. Also I doubt the car has got this far without an upgraded head gasket being fitted :hgf:

Lots of the work has been done by my local mechanic cash in hand-so hasn't all been receipted, :whistle: but you will be able to see that I'm being truthful!

The car drives very nicely and pulls through the gears well. Brakes all work well and no nasty noises.

Test drives are welcome, as is any inspection from a sensible person whom realises that the car is 14 years old and is NOT in mint condition.

As I said previously, if it were not for my recent redundancy and second baby, then I'd be keeping this car for the long haul.

Will ebay the car if no response on here, but car needs to go sooner rather than later.
Hard top will not be included as it has been sold!

Please contact me with any questions.

Car is located in Uttoxeter, Staffordshire.

£950 O.V.N.O

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by .

MGF FOR SALE (W Reg, 2000) 1.8 9 years 10 months ago #145316

I think someone's going to get a good starter car that they can enjoy in the summer and invest their time and money to make their own ( sometimes you can do too much to a car if you're selling to an enthusiast market , ;) ) ....

... and given the above and who your likely buyers are, I think an offers over £750 is how I'd market it.

A novice will be looking for something more sorted, and the spanner monkeys amongst us will want a bargain. IMO :)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Last edit: Post by mogatrons.

MGF FOR SALE (W Reg, 2000) 1.8 9 years 10 months ago #145317

Sorry to hear of your problems & having to sell the "F".
It's certainly worth what you are asking - good luck,
The following user(s) said Thank You:

MGF FOR SALE (W Reg, 2000) 1.8 9 years 10 months ago #145323

Hope everything works out OK for you :yesnod:
[IMG]ht[/img]

Re:MGF FOR SALE (W Reg, 2000) 1.8 9 years 10 months ago #145484

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Is a decrease in price needed?? :(

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

MGF FOR SALE (W Reg, 2000) 1.8 9 years 10 months ago #145490

If you are trying to sell to the general public, it is pointless saying that the car leaked like a sieve but you have sorted it :(
Just list the good points & if asked answer any questions truthfully.
As it needs 2 new tyres [£150] & the steering is not A1, be prepared to drop the price a bit. :yesnod:

Re:MGF FOR SALE (W Reg, 2000) 1.8 9 years 9 months ago #146784

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Now sold :(

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT