Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGF with goodies breaking... 10 years 3 months ago #137487

Hello All.

After much consideration I have decided to break my ‘F for parts. It’s a great little car but with other commitments and the current low value of these cars this is the best option for me at this time.

This is the first place I have advertised this and up for grabs is:-

A ’98 model ‘F shell with no rust. The shell has been cleaned up underneath, any surface rust treated, etch primered and undersealed. All panels are in reasonable shape, with the odd carpark ding and ok british racing green paintwork (HAM paintcode). As well as what’s on the car I also have a spare rear bumper and boot lid. All non-structural fasteners are now stainless steel, as is the rad protection bracket at the front.

A 1.8 non-vvc engine and box with 79k on the odometer. Engine is truly lovely – pulls perfectly with no flat spots and no sign of the dreaded head gasket failure. Fitted to it are sparkplugs with less than 1000 miles on them, a new alternator and a heat wrapped manifold and downpipe with new lambda sensor and cat, and new thermostat.

The coolant system has stainless underfloor piping, and three days before I last used it I fitted an excellent used set of coolant hoses. I have a choce of two radiators - the early type or the later alloy/plastic type.

The backbox is a Milltek stainless unit with twin upswept pipes – really well made, lovely sound and very underrated in my opinion. I’ve kept up the polishing so it still shines like new.
I also have a Stainless De-Cat pipe which I never fitted.

The gear box changes as it should with no crunches or synchromesh wear but currently has a seized clutch arm and I suspect this has taken out the clutch and slave cylinder too. If I was keeping the car I would get the arm with the grease nipple that B&G sell for around £45 which will sort it.

Brakes are standard 1.8 items, all in good working condition (including the handbrake). All are painted black, other than the nearside rear calliper which is recently new, Also nearly new are the braided brake hoses and copper brake lines.

The wheels currently fitted are 15” vvc 5 spokes reconditioned as shown in the photos and fitted with good quality tyres with plenty of tread. I also have available a set of Abingdon Cup 16” wheels without tyres.

Hydragas is all standard, the spheres seem to be in good shape but do require a pump-up.

The interior is tidy, seats are half leather with minimal wear and the car is fitted with a late model ‘F/TF centre console. I have two complete sets of interior plastics, including a T-Bar with the speaker mounts.

Other things worth mentioning are:-
- The head lights which have black internals (as per trophy editions), the nearside which is as new (even has the rover holograph).
- I have a Toneu cover in black available
- And a wind deflector, good apart from a tiny snag
- Three days before it came off the road I fitted a new Exide Battery and windscreen wipers
- I also have a complete set of TF subframes (not fitted to the car) which come complete with braces and shocks/springs.

Please feel free to ask for prices or parts which I might not have included. Everything is collection from Leicester or I may be able to send via courier.

Alternatively I could part with the whole car as spares/repairs for the right price.

Pics:-

stevecrx
'98 'F, BRG Poverty Spec Edition
Build Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Bugsy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by stevecrx.

MGF with goodies breaking... 10 years 1 month ago #140045

Post revised - See above.
stevecrx
Build Thread

MGF with goodies breaking... 10 years 1 month ago #140046

Sorry to see your selling mate - Seems you've done a fair few jobs on the car since we last seen you too.

Ah well, guess you won't be admiring all the Montego's & Metro's at this years 'Pride of Longbridge' with us then ;)

MGF with goodies breaking... 10 years 1 month ago #140050

Ha ha - I guess not! ;) I thought you weren't going this year?

Needs must and all that. Got another car to sort out with my brother, have stuff to do on my new house, and I want to do way more mountain biking this year so something has to give...
stevecrx
Build Thread

MGF with goodies breaking... 10 years 1 month ago #140051

Have you still got the wheels i swapped/sold you ?

MGF with goodies breaking... 10 years 1 month ago #140052

Hello Paul. Yes, still got them, although I have no tyres on them.
stevecrx
Build Thread

MGF with goodies breaking... 10 years 1 month ago #140055

Ha ha - I guess not! ;) I thought you weren't going this year?

Needs must and all that. Got another car to sort out with my brother, have stuff to do on my new house, and I want to do way more mountain biking this year so something has to give...

We MIGHT go...there's a few people I would like to catch up with this year.
;)

Pssst - Keep your voice down over the cycling...There are strong undertones of MAMIList in here at times :woowoo:

MGF with goodies breaking... 10 years 1 month ago #140065

Hiya have you still got headlights for sale ? If so can you give a price with courier delivery to Somerset.

MGF with goodies breaking... 10 years 1 month ago #140098

Hello Paul. Yes, still got them, although I have no tyres on them.

Pm me with a price please :)

MGF with goodies breaking... 10 years 1 month ago #140175

Steve are you interested in selling the clear front indicators ??
I would need them posted to Aust
PM me if are

[IMG]ht[/img]
Attachments:

MGF with goodies breaking... 10 years 1 month ago #140247

I've had a dig around in the garage and found this complete Powerflex MGF polybush kit, complete with Elise engine mount polys (the yellow ones) which I believe will fit the F.

These will be £150 posted.

I also took a photo of the Tonneu cover whilst I was at it:-

I would like £40 for this.

Thanks!
stevecrx
Build Thread

Re:MGF with goodies breaking... 10 years 1 month ago #140516

Hi Steve bit late but wondering if you still have the braided brake hoses or de cat pipe and if you have how much would you be asking for them inclusive of shipping to Widnes merseyside regards ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT