Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Unique MG Automobilia, private bids invited please 12 years 2 months ago #41495

I am at present involved in a particularly nasty dog rescue. I can not go into to much detail here but suffice to say I have got the dog to my safe house (a friend has a farm). The dog has had and still requires extensive surgery so I have been selling stuff to help pay for the HUGE vet bills.

I have a couple of items that I do not want to put on flea bay and would love to go to proper MG enthusiasts who will want them for what they are.

If you are interested in either please PM me a bid, the highest bidder (closes midnight Sunday 4th March will win the item. Please let me know on which item you are bidding, also bare in mind that they will not be cheap to post.

Please post in this thread if you do bid :)

Thank you for looking John :)

THIS IS A T BAR ONLY AUCTION.

Item 1
My Auntie told me that this item was given to my Uncle has a Birthday present by a member of the MGB design or planning team (I do not know when for sure but around 1990 or by which one) who he new well. My Auntie has kindly donated this to help me out and is looking for the birthday card that came with it but I can not be sure that this will turn up.
It is professionally framed and the cards on it are in great condition.

Item 2
Is a framed photo of the last ever MG TF to be built. It was taken at Longbrige and is signed by MG's current chief engineer Ian Pogson. On the back of the frame is a 6x4 photo dedicating it to Brian Griffin.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Tsleight

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Red Devil.

Re: Unique MG Automobilia, private bids invited please 12 years 2 months ago #41501

PM sent, John.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Red Devil

Re: Unique MG Automobilia, private bids invited please 12 years 2 months ago #41537

John, if it is any help to you and i can put this on an open forum, we auctioned a simmlar picture with the full set of MG cigeratte cards at one of our meetings and it sold for over £100. yours must be worth that or more.

I have a Gerry McGovern limied edition print 252/500 of the MGF which was originnaly personally presented to one of our club members by the MGR publicity director and is inscribed on the back. i paid £125 at our auction, i understand they are worth around £250 to £300 . Your one of the TF is worth considerably more. hope this helps your very worthy cause.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Re: Unique MG Automobilia, private bids invited please 12 years 2 months ago #41549

John, if it is any help to you and i can put this on an open forum, we auctioned a simmlar picture with the full set of MG cigeratte cards at one of our meetings and it sold for over £100. yours must be worth that or more.

I have a Gerry McGovern limied edition print 252/500 of the MGF which was originnaly personally presented to one of our club members by the MGR publicity director and is inscribed on the back. i paid £125 at our auction, i understand they are worth around £250 to £300 . Your one of the TF is worth considerably more. hope this helps your very worthy cause.

Yes please Bryan, I would like them to go to T Bar members but I could do with has much as possible toward the Vet bills.

Thank you very much :)

Re: Unique MG Automobilia, private bids invited please 12 years 2 months ago #41557

John, i think you misunderstood! i was not offering them for sale :slapme: i was just trying to get the forum members to understand what your two items are worth so you dont get any stupid low bids. I think my Gerry McGovern one is fairly unique, a question was raised in MG Enthusiast last year for anyone to come forward who had one of the 500 that were printed and signed by Gerry and guess what no response whatsover!!!! I understand that lots of the MGR dealerships got one and i bet they were "ditched" when MGR went pop! and the Phoenix scurried away with their millions!!!!!

Re: Unique MG Automobilia, private bids invited please 12 years 2 months ago #41558

John, i think you misunderstood! i was not offering them for sale :slapme: i was just trying to get the forum members to understand what your two items are worth so you dont get any stupid low bids. I think my Gerry McGovern one is fairly unique, a question was raised in MG Enthusiast last year for anyone to come forward who had one of the 500 that were printed and signed by Gerry and guess what no response whatsover!!!! I understand that lots of the MGR dealerships got one and i bet they were "ditched" when MGR went pop! and the Phoenix scurried away with their millions!!!!!

Whooops :oops:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Re: Unique MG Automobilia, private bids invited please 12 years 2 months ago #41579

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Bid sent for the last TF photo :yesnod:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT