Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: MGF exhaust bendy pipe 13 years 1 month ago #22231

That's not a bad price for someone to come to you.
It'll make the car much more saleable and should hopefully add a hundred or so to the sale price.
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: MGF exhaust bendy pipe 13 years 1 month ago #22233

• alias's Avatar Topic Author
  • alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
I was hoping it would add a little to her value.

She hasn't been started since December. I've checked the coolant level (it seems okay) and she still has plenty of oil. Is there anything else I should check before I turn the key, or anything I should be looking out for?

Re: MGF exhaust bendy pipe 13 years 1 month ago #22248

I was hoping it would add a little to her value.

She hasn't been started since December. I've checked the coolant level (it seems okay) and she still has plenty of oil. Is there anything else I should check before I turn the key, or anything I should be looking out for?

That is a good price for a showroom valet, it is well worth getting it done, it will add to the selling price and make it fare easier to sell. It will smell nice too :woohoo:

I would put it into third gear take the handbrake off and rock her backwards and forwards to turn the engine over just to make sure that nothing is "stuck" inside.

You may also find that the rear brakes have seized onto the discs, assuming the handbrake has been left on (Kimshros has the same problem with Della, her TF which had been unused for 6 weeks)

You may also find the battery will be flat too, unless it has been on charge since she went into hibernation?? The alarm system take a lot out of the battery whilst the car is standing, mine went flat in about a month and it was a new battery.
Hope this all helps :lol: :whistle:

Re: MGF exhaust bendy pipe 13 years 1 month ago #22254

• alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Flopsy started fine, and with a little persuasion came out of the garage.

We've got the graphics off, and removed the surface mould from the seats.

Her valet is booked in for Friday morning, so she should be on eBay by the end of Friday. Hopefully she will go for 1K+.

Bryan - Do you happen to have an electronic copy of the photo of her from the Surrey run last year? I'd like that to be the main eBay photo, she looks like she's having fun!

The battery was flat as a really flat thing, but we discovered that last weekend and borrowed a charger from one of our neighbours. The lack of being able to remove the double lock when it's dead is a pain in the ass.

Re: MGF exhaust bendy pipe 13 years 1 month ago #22258

This one?
David
:shrug:

Re: MGF exhaust bendy pipe 13 years 1 month ago #22264

• alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Thank you. I'd only seen a printed copy. :woohoo:

Re: MGF exhaust bendy pipe 13 years 1 month ago #22268

This one?

David, i have sent Sopy a large res (2.65MB) original, which i thought i had sent to her when i entered it in Kara's competition, somehow she didnt get it, but its now there.
i have also asked her to look in to the forum from time to time, evev to tell us that she has sold the TT bendy pipe thingy :shrug: :woohoo:

Re: MGF exhaust bendy pipe 13 years 1 month ago #22280

• alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Thank you.

I'll do my best to keep in touch a little more!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT