Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hello and one question 2 months 1 week ago #205818

Hello all :)

My name is Pedro and this is my first message in this forum.

Since not long ago I am the proud owner of a 2003 TF 135. I bought it from a friend who got it from an ex-pat Brit a few years ago.
When I first saw it and drove it just I loved it, and I intend to keep her for a long time. That´s why I joined this club :)
I am new to the MG world, but not to English classics, being the owner of a LR Series 2A and a LR Defender.

So, although she was in good condition (75k miles on the clock and well looked-after), I want to improve her as much as is reasonable, to keep away from future trouble and expenses. After reading lots of very valuable info in this forum and elsewhere, I went shopping in MGBITZ, Rimmers, M Satur, Limora and the likes. The car is currently in the workshop and will be there for the weeks to come. But I have an issue with the soft top. The PO had changed it recently and looks good, but the adjustments are really bad and the noise with it on is terrible.

My first decision was keeping it and just upgrading to HRW, because it seldom rains where I live (Spain), so just I purchased a BAS rear window. But now I have decided to change the whole soft top, as the rest of the vehicle is going to be so much improved. The problems are, I need something really good, in which I could still fit the BAS window I already have, and I would need it pretty soon, to swap it while she´s still in the workshop.

There are plenty of sellers around, but I would love to get it it right (specially nowadays with the high custom taxes) and I am sure some of you could give me a word of advice.

Thanks so much,
Pedro

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello and one question 2 months 1 week ago #205819

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
bienvenido a bordo Pedro!

I never changed the softtop myself but I'm sure you'll get some proper advice from the experienced people here!

as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Hello and one question 2 months 1 week ago #205822

Muchas gracias, Bertl!!!!!

Hello and one question 2 months 1 week ago #205823

As BAS were the original suppliers to MGRovr I’d be inclined to go with them, also I believe MGFnTFbits supply new ones?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Red110

Hello and one question 2 months 1 week ago #205824

That's right Neil, I've just had a look at their website and they had one left. New skin on reconditioned frame, very, very good prize and should be delivered before my deadline. I love buying at MGFnTFbitz, they are so nice and helpful. In fact I had bought the HRW switch and relay from them :)

Only it comes complete with the glass, I wonder what can I do with the BAS one.

Thanks so much!!!

Hello and one question 2 months 1 week ago #205825

I would think you would easily sell the BAS window if you don’t need it?

Cheers, Neil.

Hello and one question 2 months 1 week ago #205830

MG-TFs are very scarce in Spain, I can't remember seeing anyone ever. And HRWs are not really necessary here, most of the time. Maybe I could try and sell it in continental Europe, but what I´ll probably do is store it beside the current soft top just in case I might need them in the future.

Thank you so much again and I´ll post some pictures of the car when I have it 100% finished :):)

Hello and one question 2 months 1 week ago #205832

:welcome2:
David
:shrug:

Hello and one question 2 months 1 week ago #205837

MG-TFs are very scarce in Spain, I can't remember seeing anyone ever.

I sell low coolant alarm kits that I make myself here on The T Bar and on eBay. I've sent a few to Spain. Two to Madrid (northwest suburbs) and one to Granada. So there are a few around.

I'd be happy to send another ;-)

PS. Puedo hablar un poco de español, también :-)

Hello and one question 2 months 1 week ago #205856

Hi and thank you guys :)

Certainly there must be some, but very rare, for sure. I remember spotting some MGFs many years ago (I owned a Honda 2000 by then and took notice of similar cars) but never seen a TF. I just love it!!

Hello and one question 2 months 1 week ago #205864

Hi Pedro , :welcome: to the forum from John in Yorkshire. Hope you enjoy your MG for years to come .

Hello and one question 2 months 6 days ago #205867

Thanks so much John. I am sure I will :):)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT