Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hello! TF135 From Southampton Area 4 months 3 days ago #205281

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a green TF135, and I look forward to being part of the TF community 😊 Is there anyone else here from the Southampton and Eastleigh area?

If anyone is local, One of the things I would really like to do on the car is some of the mechanical jobs, but I could really do with someone more experienced helping me. That aside, it would also just be good to meet up with other members.

One of the the reasons I went for a TF is the simplicity. I can't stand most modern cars with their crap like eco warnings telling you to change gear just beyond idle. No thanks, I'm perfectly okay to drive a car on my own.

Anyway I hope you all had a good Christmas :)

Matt
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Hello! TF135 From Southampton Area 4 months 3 days ago #205282

Welcome, from one newish owner to another.

Hello! TF135 From Southampton Area 4 months 3 days ago #205284

:welcome: to the forum from John in Yorkshire. Hope you enjoy your MG experience.

Hello! TF135 From Southampton Area 4 months 3 days ago #205287

Welcome Matt. You've joined the right forum for ideas and advice on tinkering with your TF. Hang around here for any length of time and it becomes addictive. I'd recommend starting off with reading through the How Tos and then use the search feature. There's loads of stuff here and the chances are that anything you're likely to ask has been asked and answered several times before, just waiting to be searched.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Hello! TF135 From Southampton Area 4 months 2 days ago #205288

:welcome2:
David
:shrug:

Hello! TF135 From Southampton Area 3 months 4 weeks ago #205331

Hello All, I am going to jump on this thread as I am a new member, and also in the Southampton area though not a newbie to MG's. My first MG was a badge engineered Metro Turbo back in the 80's, my next an MG Express Van (only 317 made, based on the Rover 25, so ZR Van really) in 2003. I got my first MGF in 2005, and added a Trophy to that in 2012. The MGF went in 2016, victim to Metal moth though not bad, and I didn't know a decent welder back then though do now. My Trophy got written off by my middle son on 2019, but replaced a month later with an identical model in need of some TLC. So at present my toy is a 2001 MGF Trophy in yellow with I think 87,000 on the clock, I have done 13,000 in it since I have had it. It currently has a Toyo Sports Exhaust. Pipercross Carbon fibre fully enclosed induction kit, and a K maps remap. I have a Sony head unit mated with Vibe front speakers, and pioneers behind my head.My youngest son has also been bitten by the bug, his first car is an MG TF Spark 135 in metallic red. That is a 2004 model, with 66,000 on the clock, he has already put 6,000 on it as he uses it daily, and loves it.I do most jobs myself, though not the Cam belts and leave that to the professionals, everything else I have done myself, including a few months back the dreaded wishbones, or whatever they are called at the front, on both my Trophy and the sons TF. I also replaced the steering rack on my F, as the tracking adjusters had completely seized, as have the rears which will need doing this year, but a fairly easy job.So anybody want any pointers, give me a shout. Cheers,Nigel
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Inserted pic

Hello! TF135 From Southampton Area 3 months 4 weeks ago #205332

Thats quite an MG history.
Welcome to the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grumpygit

Hello! TF135 From Southampton Area 3 months 4 weeks ago #205335

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
Hi Nigel, welcome aboard!

as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Hello! TF135 From Southampton Area 3 months 4 weeks ago #205337

:welcome2:
David
:shrug:

Hello! TF135 From Southampton Area 3 months 4 weeks ago #205339

:welcome:

Hello! TF135 From Southampton Area 3 months 3 weeks ago #205421

I also forgot to mention that I had a 1973 MG BT for a couple of years from 2007 - 2009, do miss that car...

Hello! TF135 From Southampton Area 3 months 3 weeks ago #205422

Nigel if you either un seize or replace the adjustable links make sure you have the tracking done properly, I took our TF to our local ATS and it came back darting all over the road. I took it back with the correct specs and they did it again, their database is incorrect for the TF, they claim that the database is supplied by the manufacturers of the alignment equipment. I personally think a lot of complaints of the TF being a bity darty is incorrect rear wheel alignment, we have "tested" ours on the roads and is incredibly surefooted

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT