Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hello from MGF Volcano owner, Australia. 9 months 3 weeks ago #203176

Hello,I bought my first MGF, an MPi Volcano 1997 model, several years ago with 106,000 km, a 4 hour drive tow home on a trailer. A few weeks later by chance I bought another MGF cheaply, an 1997 VVC where engine timing failed. The engine is a mess! Though, the rest of the car is good. A parts car perhaps. Perhaps another project... I set about installing FCCKIT suspension to the Volcano, bought a black hardtop for it, and did various other tasks for roadworthiness. Several days before diving 40km for an roadworthy inspection appointment, to have it registered, it rained and rained and rained. My rain gauge that holds 250 mm full, it overflowed and was emptied and overflowed and emptied overflowed again three times that week. That was the NE NSW catastrophic flood, of 2022. I, at least, received 750 mm rain in just over 1 week. My property encompasses a creek that I must cross to exit, my road access was dumped with flood debris and sand and over the causeway was well. It was not even 4WD tractor accessible out of my property. A week of work with my tractor making the driveway traversable but only 4WD Toyota accessible, not yet MG accessible. I had to wait and wait to buy$$$ a secondhand grader blade to eventually sort that out. They were hard to come-by. In time I got my MG out, on the road, registered and enjoyable. I've travelled about 3000 km since. :)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Hello from MGF Volcano owner, Australia. 9 months 3 weeks ago #203177

Welcome to a fellow Aussie Volcano owner, I see you’re in Smegtown (Sydney…at least going by your profile) …..…I won’t hold that against you!
I’m in Australia’s largest and most liveable city…..Melbourne. (For the benefit of all the foreign johnnies out there, a traditional rivalry exists between the two cities.)

That Nightfire red car looks to good the wreck for parts, if the engine is buggered, find another, or rebuild the one you have.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Volcano

Hello from MGF Volcano owner, Australia. 9 months 3 weeks ago #203180

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
welcome aboard Volcano!

as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Volcano

Last edit: Post by Bertl.

Hello from MGF Volcano owner, Australia. 9 months 3 weeks ago #203182

Welcome to a fellow Aussie Volcano owner, I see you’re in Smegtown (Sydney…at least going by your profile) …..…I won’t hold that against you!

Thanks Cobber for your welcoming :)

Smegtown LOL I haven't heard that one before! :clap:

Well, I am from Sydney originally but long long ago happily moved to lovely subtropical rural NE NSW.

That's a fine example of an Volcano you have there Cobber, it looks like an VVC.

I already started with a part retrieval from the Nightfire for the Volcano, a front cooling fan failed a few weeks ago. It happens that sometimes in this region we have the need for cold air-conditioning in winter! It was a cheap fix and about 30 minutes of my time.

My MG photos uploaded seem to have automatically had the brightness turned up on them, particularly the Volcano, and the profile photo brightness turned down a fraction. Weird that!

Working on my Volcano today, putting new plugs, leads, new air oil and fuel filter, new oil, I came upon a puzzling problem with the engine. Think I'll find a different area of the forum to post about this problem. If only the Nightfire VVC had a distributor, I might have been able to trouble shoot by swapping parts, dizzy back plate and rotor... Shrug?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT