Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Staycation in Ambleside with the TF. 2 years 8 months ago #196238

Well with the travel restrictions in place and the loveable Ms Angela Merkel trying to impose further millstones around the neck of the British holiday maker , it was a case of ' let's see what Cumbria has to offer ' . The weather,  the TF and the glorious Lake District didn't disappoint . My wife and I spent a fantastic few days in Ambleside at a lovely hotel , The Fisherbeck.  Took the TF up the wonderful Kirkstone Pass  ( 1489 ft summit  ) which is known by the locals as ' The Struggle ' to Glenridding and Ullswater , and the MG was in its element . Saw loads of series 1 Land Rovers out and about but we or they were always on the move until we arrived at Pooley Bridge and one was parked up so I took a couple of shots . Also saw a Mk 1 XR2 in a very sorry state in Ambleside.  Wonder what it would be worth in decent nick ? 
All in all a great few days out in ENGLAND !  UP YOU MERKEL ! 
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Cobber. Reason: removed excess repeat pix

Staycation in Ambleside with the TF. 2 years 8 months ago #196239

Apologies to administration for the repeated shots. If you can please remove them if it causes issues . I will never get the hang of posting pictures !!!

Staycation in Ambleside with the TF. 2 years 8 months ago #196242

Glad you enjoyed my home county,
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Staycation in Ambleside with the TF. 2 years 8 months ago #196244

Yes David , Cumbria is a wonderful part of the country.  Coming from Yorkshire,  I am also lucky that I live in a glorious part of the UK . 
Thanks to the administration team for removing the duplicated photos. 
John 

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Missed a bit .

Staycation in Ambleside with the TF. 2 years 8 months ago #196293

Your welcome to your opinion James as am I .
John

Staycation in Ambleside with the TF. 2 years 8 months ago #196307

My post was made prior to this meeting and as a response to her comments about banning all British tourists due to a rise in cases of the Delta variant in this country,  despite the same 'D' variant spreading all over Europe.  Looks to me like we should drop this post now as neither of us will agree with each others comments.  
John 

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Spelling

Staycation in Ambleside with the TF. 2 years 8 months ago #196310

David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT