Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Intro to my MGTF ownership FYI 6 years 1 month ago #184365

What have you done to make your MG into ‘Your own Car’?
I think we mostly all agree that MG F/TFs are a good value and practical means of transport, whether a daily driver, a hobby car or even a big boy or girls toy, and stylish & great fun to own and drive. One way or another all of us make them our own for example with furry dice, or keeping them in concours condition or perhaps with our own sort of neglect: old litter, sports kit etc.
I want mine to be a daily driver but with a few features to make it better to live with especially round town. I don’t want a track car, I want to stay within the insurance & I don’t want to spend much as I know TFs are not yet an investment.
It is a 135 in standard spec with 15 inch rims, the car needing a bit of simple attention when I got it.
Here is what I did & why - mostly from eBay and did it mostly myself over 3 years.
SCU repair - made pectron central locking & 1 window work again - from a guy in Brighton by return mail.
Some clips to stop the wiper elbows disconnecting each time.
2 pairs of LED headlight units - transformed driving in dark and passed MOT tests x2 so OK.
Heater fan control L500 version - 4 speeds now work. This job requires a contortion.
Leather seats from a F needed collection & some TLC - no aspiring trad British sports car should be without them
Leather door panel inserts to match
Bluetooth hands free kit (free gift as used)
Mike Satur Blue springs & Spax - a real extravagance as more than the car cost plus tracking at mates rates - I chose to soften suspension and keep smaller wheels because UK local roads are poor. They were worth it.
Heritage hard top soon to be replaced by heated rear window all year round.
All round new Mintex discs & pads with bleeding the system - firmed brakes up nicely
A set of 4 Toyo Proxes also much better especially in the wet where car has now become completely trustworthy.
Discs, tyres, Water pump & a cam belt & oil change can all be considered maintenance not upgrades over 3 years.
In total I reckon I spent the least I could get away with to make the car the way I want to enjoy it but I’m wondering what you real experts think adds most pleasure and the personal touch to your F/TF ownership?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Intro to my MGTF ownership FYI 6 years 1 month ago #184455

Where does one start, I have 2 BRG (HFF) late mk1 F's, a very modified VVC and a bog standard 1.8 MPi. TBH you wouldn't know the VVC is modified until you compare it to standard.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT