Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

2nd Mid-life Crisis! 9 years 1 month ago #157791

Hi all. My 2nd midlife crisis has struck so I had to buy another soft top - 1st time round was a classic old Audi cab but felt like I wanted more of a sportier car this time so after narrowing it down to mgf, mx5 or mr2 tried a few out and, to my surprise, found the mgf to be the one for me. Found a nice little runner with a lengthy MOT and quite a few service stamps and cheap(!) and so the love/hate affair begins!
Already started work on the little niggles. Replaced the shot speakers - originals had gotten wet over the years and were falling apart. Fixed the heater resistor with new coils so now have heat from 1-4 not just 3-4!
Today the flexi pipe cover(?) has started to rattle so that is the next job along with trying to source the occasional petrol smell in the cabin. I'm sure there will be more tinkering to do - she is 16 years old - but isn't that part of the fun??? - but so far I have had some glorious (if slightly chilly) roof down fun. Working on sourcing the parts for the "air scarf" mod as well - need some advice on what others have done for vents, especially anyone with a tan seats.
Looking forward to getting to a few meets at some point and lots more roof down malarkey!

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pic inserted

2nd Mid-life Crisis! 9 years 1 month ago #157792

Welcome .................................. welcome indeed. Those seats look Cream to me.. Sorry cannot help with the air scarf. I did think about one breifly a year ago but that was as far as it got. Just wear a scarf now.

2nd Mid-life Crisis! 9 years 1 month ago #157793

Cream - really? How many colour choices were there???

2nd Mid-life Crisis! 9 years 1 month ago #157794

Hi and welcome. These are my new seats in tan. There were lots of colour options from cloth to leather and alacantra.

Attachments:

2nd Mid-life Crisis! 9 years 1 month ago #157795

Nice looking seats. Think I'll have to look into all the options - after I've done all the oily bits!

2nd Mid-life Crisis! 9 years 1 month ago #157796

Hello and welcome

I tried the airscarf mod...it wasn't that good, better to fit a mesh windbreak, they are good up to about 50mph.

i also fitted seat heater pads, they are very effective if you want to drive about in the colder months with the lid off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lavamanisdead

Last edit: Post by mgbv8mike.

2nd Mid-life Crisis! 9 years 1 month ago #157798

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
Welcome aboard!

Did you see the airscarf mod manual on our 'how-to' pages? click here!
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

2nd Mid-life Crisis! 9 years 1 month ago #157809

That 'how to' is the mod I am on about...just wondering on what to use as a vent with my cream coloured seats...black vents would look silly in my opinion

2nd Mid-life Crisis! 9 years 1 month ago #157814

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
Invalid or non-existent item ID.you surely find beige/tan vents on ebay or at a breaker.
e.g.
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

2nd Mid-life Crisis! 9 years 1 month ago #157818

Love those seats......new or re-upholstered ?, with door cards to match somewhat my aim with restoration of Myfanwy.

2nd Mid-life Crisis! 9 years 1 month ago #157819

I have been looking...just wondered if anyone had come up with a subtle looking vent

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.004 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT