Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Ex mini owner 11 years 11 months ago #50878

Hi All Just joined after reading some good advice on this site
Drove mini's for 15 years last one was a 1963 850 that i picked up as a pile of boxes and rebuilt over two years.
Sold it to a japanese collector looked around for a two seater as children now in college etc.
Had a TF 1.6 cool blue in silver for 6 months till a deer decided to bury itself into the front of it.
Now just got a TF 1.8 in black and today fitted leather seats in it.
Coming from a mini background used to love the way we would wave to each other do MGs do this :-?
Regards
Gra

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Ex mini owner 11 years 11 months ago #50879

Welcome aboard TG :)

We don't wave.. we do this.. :woohoo:

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: Ex mini owner 11 years 11 months ago #50881

welcome tahiti and yes they do wave flash etc

Re: Ex mini owner 11 years 11 months ago #50882

• Humphrey
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • It's better to wear out than to rust out
Welcome Gra....and yes we do flash/wave at each other!!! :drive: :drive: :drive:
'I started off with nuthin and still got most of it left!'

You know, I spent a fortune on deodorant before I realised
that people didn't like me anyway!

Re: Ex mini owner 11 years 11 months ago #50883

• Humphrey
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • It's better to wear out than to rust out
And.....like Leigh said we do a lot of :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
'I started off with nuthin and still got most of it left!'

You know, I spent a fortune on deodorant before I realised
that people didn't like me anyway!

Re: Ex mini owner 11 years 11 months ago #50887

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
I'm a ex mini man too most people wave when I see em :) got flashed by an old mg and felt uber cool

Re: Ex mini owner 11 years 11 months ago #50928

Its the rules to wave and when we meet we hug and kiss :oops:

Last edit: Post by pendle lass.

Re: Ex mini owner 11 years 11 months ago #50937

Its the rules to wave and when we meet we hug and kiss :oops:

I have that pleasure to come (the hugging kissing bit) :woohoo: :hugs:

Re: Ex mini owner 11 years 11 months ago #50938

A BIG :welcome: TO THE FORUM :woohoo: :woohoo: All MG owners flash and wave to each other although some of the F and TF owners don't understand this and a few of the "old" MG owners dont recognise the modern ones as MGs!! All MG Owners are a very friendly bunch as is everyone on this wonderful forum.

As you live in Portsmouth, send me a PM (private message) with your email address and i will send you an appliciation form for the Epsom SURREY RUN on Sunday 15 July ~ starts at Leatherhead and finishes at Hollycombe Steam Museum in Liphook, with 70 miles of country roads in between. 250 MGs maximum and we are usually fully booked.

Welcome to the world of MGs, there is nothing else like it.

Bryan (an old MG owner)

Re: Ex mini owner 11 years 11 months ago #50965

i always acknowledge other MGs, you will find maximuum pleasure is a wave over the top of the windscreen when the sun is out and the other car is a saloon. A sizeable number of Fs/TFs do not respond as they are still owned by motorists not enthusiasts.
As Bryan pointed out some older cars are a bit snobby about ours. We were once blanked by 2 MGBs on our way home from the SE centre awards dinner, this was a bit pathetic as not only do we also have an MGB but we had been invited to stay on and join in the run they were off to do, but had to decline for pet sitting reasons.
When ZTs were new we were on an event when one came the other way popping down to the shops and was warmly greeted by about 80 years of mobile history heading the other way. I cant imagine what they made of it B). Which reminds me of the first time I was greeted, I was in my Spitfire when one came the other way and in between catching a couple of slides he still managed to say Hi with the headlights. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Last edit: Post by Stan_B.

Re: Ex mini owner 11 years 11 months ago #50981

A BIG :welcome: TO THE FORUM :woohoo: :woohoo: All MG owners flash and wave to each other although some of the F and TF owners don't understand this and a few of the "old" MG owners dont recognise the modern ones as MGs!! All MG Owners are a very friendly bunch as is everyone on this wonderful forum.

As you live in Portsmouth, send me a PM (private message) with your email address and i will send you an appliciation form for the Epsom SURREY RUN on Sunday 15 July ~ starts at Leatherhead and finishes at Hollycombe Steam Museum in Liphook, with 70 miles of country roads in between. 250 MGs maximum and we are usually fully booked.

Bryan (an old MG owner)

Thanks for the welcome Bryan i will be on holiday in Turkey on the 15th july a real shame as I have done the London to Brighton mini run 12 times and love driving around with other owners .
Gra

Re: Ex mini owner 11 years 11 months ago #51026

Bryan (an old MG owner)

Thanks for the welcome Bryan i will be on holiday in Turkey on the 15th july a real shame as I have done the London to Brighton mini run 12 times and love driving around with other owners .
Gra

The New Forest Run is on Sunday 3rd June, this is always popular, entry forms at www.1009mg.org.uk i think it is still£15 to enter . Not sure they take bookings on the day?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT