Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hi everybody 12 years 3 months ago #37215

Hi everybody,

thanks for the warm welcome in this forum.
To know me better here are some topics from my person:
My name is Bernd, I’m now 60 years old and live in the cologne area.
I’m working as a purchasing manager for a Swiss Textile machinery company.
I felt in love with british cars 30years ago, started with a Spitfire , a GT6, a Dolomite Sprint, drove 10 or so different Minis also Vans and Countryman, a Morris Minor Traveller ,a AH Frogeye 2 Rover Metros a 114 GT and some others I can’t remember at the moment.
My neighbours are still thinking I’m crazy.
4years ago I had a heart attack and decided to stop lying under old cars and thought I’m ripe for a serious sports car. So sold my Frogeye and my Z3 Coupe and bought a new Z4.But soon after 3 month I was frustrated. This car was so perfect that it was boring. No faults, perfect handling etc. nothing to improve, but I was missing something .To make a long story short. After 1 year I sold this car which was a financial disaster and bought my first MGF , a LE 75 with 130k km on the clock.
Obviously I had unlearnt how to handle a car despite 6 years racing experience on the Nürburgring. Blunted througt the electronic assisted BMW I crashed the F heavily. I hadn’t learned the first lesson of driving an F: No different tyres on front and rear axle. The guy I’ve bought the car from had fitted new Taiwans on front and old Dunlops on the rear .That was my disaster. But during dismantling the wreck I found several other suspension parts in poor condition which were cause of the critical behavior of the car.
But the car made so much fun, that I was sure to buy another one.
Found last year an LE 75 with only 24k km on the clock in absolutely showroom condition and with 4 Good Year GSD2. What difference!!!! The pre owner drove her only during sunny weather.
So I decide to drive this car only during dry weather to survive the originality for a long time.
All paper sticker on axle part und underside of the car are still in place!
Here in the cologne area we have regular meetings with other F and TF guys and planning some journeys this year.
Hopefully a trip to GB is also an option.
So I wonder to find out news and experiences of other members from this forum.
I wish everybody a save ride all time and fun with your F’s and TF’s
At least many thanks to Dieter and his helpful Web page .
Sorry for mistakes but my english teacher has given up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44, Leigh Ping, Tsleight

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hi everybody 12 years 3 months ago #37218

Don't worry about your English, it is far better than my German! Welcome to the forum. A very interesting story. I'm glad your first F didn't put you off. :thumbsup:
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Hi everybody 12 years 3 months ago #37222

hello and welcome x

Re: Hi everybody 12 years 3 months ago #37226

A big :welcome2:, Wudda!
David
:shrug:

Re: Hi everybody 12 years 3 months ago #37234

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi..
I lived in Hamburg for a year or so when I was young .. Loved it :broon:

Re: Hi everybody 12 years 3 months ago #37265

Hi Wudda,
It's been a while since I was in Koln, oops no umlaut on my keyboard :lol: and if you had joined a bit sooner I would have popped up and taken you for a beer last September. :)

It's nice to have another 60 years of experience on board. Thanks for joining and welcome to the T-Bar. :)

Re: Hi everybody 12 years 3 months ago #37268

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
:yesnod: Wudda welcome again, what a superb introduction and eventful start to your MGF ownership. Yes, compared to most modern cars the MGF can be a bit of challenge at times but, like you say, that is what makes owning one so rewarding, it has character, it can make you smile and get your pulse going. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I often fly over to Aachen and Frankfurt but will be making a European trip this year or next in my MGF.

Would be great to see you and your fellow F / TF friends over here later this year and we would definitely arrange a get together, keep us posted. ;)

Re: Hi everybody 12 years 3 months ago #37280

Hi wuddda and welcome :)

You have had owned some fantastic motor's :broon:

What colour is you 75 Anniversery? Here is a photo of my 85 parked with a 75..........

Re: Hi everybody 12 years 3 months ago #37285

Welcome Wudda, hope you have fun on the t-bar and with your MGF LE75 too! Think you'll find us a friendly bunch on here and the quiz is rather addictive too!

Re: Hi everybody 12 years 3 months ago #37752

Thank you all for the nice welcome. As asked above here are some pics from my 1st and 2nd F . The damaged was no. 339 and the new one is no. 1090 of 2000
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, PQD44, Leigh Ping

Re: Hi everybody 12 years 3 months ago #37757

Hello Wudda nice introduction.

Great looking car in the best colour too.

Re: Hi everybody 12 years 3 months ago #37758

Welcome Wudda very nice car look forward to seeing it and you in person one day soon :P

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT